You know you are a bellydancer when....

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
... when you can't look at any kind of sparkly clothing, jewelry, or hair ornaments without thinking about how you could deconstruct it for use in a costume
Totally!
... when you see a total stranger and imagine what kind of bellydancer she would be
I thought I was the only one - and I even think this with (some) males!

gisela

Super Moderator
bella ad.jpg

Seeing this ad on youtube and thinking for five minutes "Yes, I want to find my bella cossie, but how the h*** does this represent Bella costumes?" until you get that it's a reference to Twilight Bella and is really a dating ad. :lol:

MzHartz

Oh goodness, I told you I was catching the BD bug. I'm new, yet still relate to sooo many of these!

When you assume that the beat you hear is the music turned down so the teacher can talk, do the moves based on the rhythm you hear, and THEN realize you're dancing to the rattling of the school's furnace.

PracticalDancer

You know you are a bellydancer when . . . you are covered in hives and the only comforting thought is, "Thank goodness I don't have to perform any time soon!"

Daimona

You know you are a bellydancer when you add gussets to your new long-sleeved, expensive fancy dress because you plan to use it for an upcoming bd performance as adding the gussets are only way you can perform the choreography the way it was intended (with arms raised above shoulder height)...
(what? changing my choreography? Nooo...)

Shanazel

...when you go to the fabric store in search of denim blue thread and WunderUnder and come home with silver and black sparkly stretch stuff that is perfect for a beladi dress.

Farasha Hanem

>.> *looks at HER sewing machine with fear and trembling* oO;;;

I hand-sew... <.<;;;

When you go online to view your work schedule and see your job is holding a DANCING CONTEST for associates and wonder how fast you can teach your coworkers to do basic bellydance moves. oO?? 0.0

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
>.> *looks at HER sewing machine with fear and trembling* oO;;;

I hand-sew... <.<;;;

When you go online to view your work schedule and see your job is holding a DANCING CONTEST for associates and wonder how fast you can teach your coworkers to do basic bellydance moves. oO?? 0.0
I even got my EXTREMELY sewing machine phobic, hand sewing wife using a machine now!

You can too! :cool:

MzHartz

When at work, and a catchy pop song comes on, and you find yourself chair-bellydancing to it.

And then you figure, screw it, no one's here, why stay in my chair.

And then your coworker comes back from lunch and catches you bellydancing in your office. :redface:

Sophia Maria

When waiting-at-the-bus-stop time becomes...shimmy time! :) (note: makes it seem like every bus is taking longer to get there, because I have no endurance)

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
When you are presented with your first grandchild, and immediately think of Zills and coin scarves!