Pray for Thailand!

maria_harlequin

The current situation is very, very hard for people outside of Thailand to understand especially if you don't have years and years of experience with the culture and politics...nothing is as simple as what you read on the front page news of CNN or the New York Times. But I just need everyone to say a prayer, light a candle, channel your energy, or send good thoughts to my beloved home country :( We're in the midst of a very serious crisis.

I'm in a lot of pain at the moment and even though I'm safe in the suburbs, my teacher's studio is in the heart of "warzone" and so are my business correspondents as well as a bunch of friends. They will be safe in their homes but going out to get supplies and trying to live will be very hard for the next few days. I was nearly caught up in all of it if I didn't make the decision to come home early yesterday.

Please say a prayer!

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Oh no! what is happening in Thailand? I haven't head anything on the news hear....*pops over the news feeds*

:O OH my! that is so horrible. I agree, I never let myself be convinced by what I read in the papers. they never give the whole story nor cover all the issues that play into what is happening.

*hugs from me* If you need anything let me know. Not sure how I can help but I'm always willing to try.

Last edited:

GypsyStacey

my engery is going your way. my uncle lives 6 months out of the year in thailand (the other 6 months in vietnam) & loves it there. my dad & his wife vist often & i was hoping to get there this year as well, but alas i can't. what an awful situation thailand is going through. i feel for you, your country, & those you know that are so greatly affected by this. please keep us posted about how things are going.

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
This has been going on for so long now. It must be so scary and frightening for everyone. Beautiful Thailand it is so sad, I hate to see this happening to your country and I pray it can be resolved without any further loss of life and destruction, but I fear there is way to much anger now. Stay safe Maria.
~Mosaic

maria_harlequin

Thank you all for the good thoughts! Things aren't getting any better and I wish I could offer my home as a safehouse for those that are getting caught up in the violence.

Another sleepless night for me...

Amulya

I don't often check the news and I did now :shok:, that is terrifying. Big hugs for you Maria, I really hope things will get better and safer as soon as possible.

Daimona

It has been in the news for a while around here - and even reached the front pages two days ago. I hope you, your friend and family are safe, Maria.

gisela

Super Moderator
Hi Maria! How are you doing? Are you staying safe? On the news they said that things had calmed down but that it was the stillness before the storm.
You are in my thoughts.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I second Gisela, hope things are getting back to some sort of normalcy, although I think it may take quite some time . Things have gone fairly quiet on our news about Thailand, earlier we saw a lot of reports.
~Mosaic

Ariadne

I'm not seeing much in the news anymore either. Is it actually cooling off there? Are you alright?

maria_harlequin

Hi girls :) And thank you for your concern and thoughts. Things are finally quieting down and slowly returning to normal but we have a long way to go in terms of cleaning up and rebuilding. My teacher's dance studio is located right in the middle of the protests but it managed to escape the fires so we're lucky! But I'm not sure when it's going to be safe for her to open the studio again...they've found hidden bombs in the area and they're still investigating.

I don't believe this is the calm before the storm - but rather a new beginning for everyone. And a lesson learned too. Bangkok's a phoenix, rising from its ashes.

I'm going into town today so I can see firsthand the damage done...it's going to be pretty emotional :(

If any of you are interested in reading a more in depth explanation of the article, here are a few good ones:

Somtow's World: Don't Blame Dan Rivers
Put an end to this rebellion

Peace and Love ♡

Ariadne

Thank you for the links, I found the articles illuminating, and I am so glad you are alright.

Best of luck with the rebuilding!

gisela

Super Moderator
I am glad to hear you are physically ok, although I am sure it will be awful to see the all the damage.
"Phoenix rising" sounds like there can be good things coming out of this. I hope so.
Thank you for the links. I will read them when I get home today.
Stay strong.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I did know a bit behind the politics, but I found the links very interesting. To be honest I thought the army showed quite admirable restraint during the 'siege' for want of a better word. As for the protesters ( or a few destructive ones) burning down buildings, I just find that so unwarranted, how on earth do they think that will win them any brownie points.

Glad to know you and your family are OK.
~Mosaic

GypsyStacey

Hi girls :) And thank you for your concern and thoughts. Things are finally quieting down and slowly returning to normal but we have a long way to go in terms of cleaning up and rebuilding. My teacher's dance studio is located right in the middle of the protests but it managed to escape the fires so we're lucky! But I'm not sure when it's going to be safe for her to open the studio again...they've found hidden bombs in the area and they're still investigating.

I don't believe this is the calm before the storm - but rather a new beginning for everyone. And a lesson learned too. Bangkok's a phoenix, rising from its ashes.

I'm going into town today so I can see firsthand the damage done...it's going to be pretty emotional :(

If any of you are interested in reading a more in depth explanation of the article, here are a few good ones:

Somtow's World: Don't Blame Dan Rivers
Put an end to this rebellion

Peace and Love ♡

oh so glad that you & your family are okay. good luck going into town today. i'm sure it's going to be difficult for you emotionally to see the damage first hand. i knew the poltics behind what happened as my uncle lives 1/2 the year in Thailand the other 1/2 in Vietnam, but the articles were still very interesting to read thanks for sharing them.

Corylus

Hi Maria,

Sending wishes for peace your way. Glad you are OK and keeping safe. People here complain about our country; they seem to have no idea how lucky they are to live in the UK.