Seghat Bikurb el Habib

Mya

Hello folks,

I'll be dancing to this song on Friday - the version that i have on a cd entitled the Wings of Isis put out by Isis and her troupe is instrumental, but that song FEELS like it has words.

I know it sounds absurd, but if anyone knows this song and knows there to be lyrics, please let me know!

Thanks!

Hey Mya, I will be performing a solo to that song later this month!!! What a coincidence! My version is by Cairo Orchestra..the title is a bit different...Se'aa Bi Kurb Al Habib. I know Habib means beloved or sweetheart. But I've been looking for the translation of the title. Does your version have lyrics? Mine doesn't.
I agree it's a beautiful song..it was composed by Farid Al Atrash.
I hope someon can help us:rolleyes::dance:
Yasmine

Mya

Mine doesn't have words either - but it feels like it should! Talk about music that speaks! Someone of our resident experts must know! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

masrawy

daydreaming

Hey Yasmine and Mya
Se'aa Bi Kurb Al Habib " sa3aat bi Qurb al habib"
I think this is the name of this song of course you have a new rendition of it. These old songs they were more of poetry than basic slang language and a straightforward meaning. So it is highly it is highly suggestive and it my have hidden meaning, some time you read it today and then two years later you get a different interpretation of the same poet.
so word for word clockwork time "sa3aat" / near " bi Qurb" / my love or beloved "al habib"
here what it might translate to " time when I was with my love"
here is what it suggest/ the guy is daydreaming of past time when he was with his love, but the breakup or not together any more.
I hope that help you get the feeling of this song
Salam~Mahmoud

Mya

No wonder i've been feeling this song. *sigh*

Thanks Masrawy *hugs* you're the best!

Halleluiah!!!
Thank you so much for your time and energy!!! Yes Mya, I feel the same thing when I hear the song...a sense of longing but an inner joy at the same time!!!!
Beautiful!!!

I don't think we can thank you enough for your help and insight Maswary!
Yasmine

omeralsharif

Hi, just by chasnce I came across this website. I was searching for music

Hey Mya, I will be performing a solo to that song later this month!!! What a coincidence! My version is by Cairo Orchestra..the title is a bit different...Se'aa Bi Kurb Al Habib. I know Habib means beloved or sweetheart. But I've been looking for the translation of the title. Does your version have lyrics? Mine doesn't.
I agree it's a beautiful song..it was composed by Farid Al Atrash.
I hope someon can help us:rolleyes::dance:
Yasmine

Hi, may be my explaination is too late, but as I know that (Sa'aa be quob al Habib) was compossed by Fareed Al Atrash, Sorry I can't type in Araic on my computer although I can read and speak proper old and grammer Arabic. But to explain the start of this song song is as fellow: Sa'aa be quorb al habib Aghlah or ( ahlah) (amehl bel Al hayat ) or (fee al hayat). which means { an hour near my beloved is the most (valued) hope in life . or the most (beautiful) hope in life. I do hope that this amswer will satisfy your inquairy.
regards
omeralsharif