Maharasha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon

The guy looks so weird, I never could watch all of his clips. So I don't know whether he's a good dancer or not :confused:

Last edited:

Mark_Balahadia

This poor thing is not belly dancing. My baby bro said he was dancing like one of those dancing babes in the hip-hop music videos except with bad costuming and thai dance fingers....:confused:

chryssanthi sahar

His style is weird indeed, but do you wonder about this? It is not more weird than some dance acts of the BDSS:p And if he uses Thai-fingers, so what? The BDSS use stilts:eek: Do you think stilts are more authentic than Thai-fingers:D ? Nowadays people use all kind of shit when they dance fusions (I've seen dancers using chairs, feathers, flowers, chains, even steel-wings pierced at the back) why shouldn't he?
Well my comment is bitchy, but this is a matter of cause, since I am a BOB:p

Last edited:

Sharif

What's new?

Thai fingers, stilts - what's new? I recently saw a video clip from the early 1900's of a female belly dancer dancing around a chair for a while. That was a bit boring until she proceeded to take the chair between her teeth and dance with it up in the air! :eek: Now try to top that...

Maria_Aya

I agree, i couldnt see more than 10 sec of these video's
Have also something frightening for me :mad:

Maria Aya

Michelle

I've seen him before... he is all over myspace. And yeah, I kinda feel sorry for him because I don't think he realizes that he is unpleasant to watch....

Shanazel

Hmm, I thought it was a joke at first, but maybe not. He seems to have some confusion re: where his audience is, evinced by his continuing to dance with his face against the sheet hanging up "on location in his bedroom."

Moon

He's all over youtube too. I never can continue to watch more than 2 seconds, but I have the idea he indeed moves in front of a webcam in his own bedroom. He also seems to promote the bellydance superstars in his video clips.

Fatima

Isn't he the guy who auditioned to the BDSS dress in drags? :confused: You can see him in the American Bellydance video.

Unbelievable Is All I Can Say...

Isn't he the guy who auditioned to the BDSS dress in drags? :confused: You can see him in the American Bellydance video.

Absolutely unbelievable...:rolleyes: I am extremely grateful that I live in the city that I do because, despite popular opinion, the character and professionalism of the dancers here in Vegas is unparalleled in comparison with the "interesting" dialogue about me and the demonic creatures who gave birth to the words in this thread. May you all have a karmically blessed day.
P.S. To answer your inquiry, I am NOT the drag queen in American Bellydancer... if you paid enough attention you might have read his name and dance name to be "Lucky-Lady Kai" and that he lives in MIAMI, Florida... or perhaps being able to read is yet another Vegas-only talent... like tact.

(definition of tact: Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.)

Maria_Aya

Dear Maharasha
Welcome :)
There is a value that have been lost in our everyday life, and this is to speak out our mind and expressing our opinions.
I'm sticking on this, nomatter what, and always curious and open for discussion on the most oposite opinions, only in this way we can proceed in life.
So I am one of the many that hardly could see your performance in youtube, yes i posted that i had a frightening feeling, sometimes this comes because what we see is not known and familiar to us.
So pls if you have time what is the meaning of your dance, whats your goal and whats the message you wanna give to people?

Maria Aya (greece, thats why my english are errr emm lol)

Michelle

Maharasha,
Maria is right; this is a free discussion. You are more than welcome to defend yourself and your style. Maybe we are misinterpreting your intentions with your dance because it might be, as Maria said, something we are not familiar with.
As Maria said, criticism and discussion are some of the best ways to learn new things. That is why we welcome differences of opinion in our forum, so that we may understand people whose ideas are different from ours.

Salome

Administrator
I realize it is unpleasant to read criticism about yourself and you, like everyone who wants to participate on the forum, are welcome to speak your piece. Our rules here are that members refrain from getting abusive with one another, your post is within those boundaries except the “demonic creatures” part. Please keep that in mind if you make future posts, thanks.

Shanazel

Welcome, Maharasha, from one of the demonic creatures who commented unfavorably on your video. I would still like to know why most of the dance was done facing the curtain. It is too bad that your feelings were hurt, but I have discovered that when I listen to things I don't want to hear about myself, I learn more than I do when I accept only tactfully worded noncommittal comments. Everyone of us on the forum have received our share of criticism, from gentle to biting, unsought or not. When you post yourself on the internet for all the world to see, you post yourself for all the world to comment on, and it does little good to expect complete approbation, because it is unlikely it will be given.

I hope you will post again. New members always add another dimension to the forum.

chryssanthi sahar

Everyone of us on the forum have received our share of criticism, from gentle to biting, unsought or not. When you post yourself on the internet for all the world to see, you post yourself for all the world to comment on, and it does little good to expect complete approbation, because it is unlikely it will be given.

I hope you will post again. New members always add another dimension to the forum.

Welcome Maharasha:) . I completely agree with Shanazel;) The critic that I got from Middle Eastern people when I started performing as a belly dancer (almost 20 years ago), helped me a lot to develop myself as a dancer, discover more truth about this dance and study it in depth. At first it hurt to hear what I was not doing well. But then I was really happy to get told about my mistakes, especially because the people who criticised me, gave me at the same time good advises how to improve my dancing :) I'm very thankful to them about it today.

Amrit

I agree with everyone. I hope that when people see hime they don't think that, that is bellydance. This is the kind of thing that give us Male Bellydancers a bad image!

Status
Not open for further replies.