Fun and strange news

Mosaic

Super Moderator

:lol: sounds like they will have to put thief alert gps chips in the nutella which are deactivated when purchased.

Talking about gps & other electrodes what about rape proof underwear Indian Students Develop ?Rape-Prevention? Underwear | TIME.com you wouldn't want to accidentally activate it ... ouch & the embarrassment of police, Mum & Dad surrounding you. Still it might put a few rapists off.
~M

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I made the most lucious cake for my birthday in March: dense chocolate cake with layers separated by a swath of nutella, iced with chocolate frosting, and drizzled with carmel syrup. I don't bake often but when I do- look out waistline, teeth, and complexion!
Hmmmm .... Cake with nutella - how many more jars are left on your shelf:lol:

Cake sounds terribly delish... nom...nom
~M

Shanazel

Actually I made the cake while I was at my son's house and raided their stash of nutella. As a recovering addict, I never buy the stuff. It's more dangerous to me than heroin.:cool:

Sophia Maria

Talking about gps & other electrodes what about rape proof underwear Indian Students Develop ?Rape-Prevention? Underwear | TIME.com you wouldn't want to accidentally activate it ... ouch & the embarrassment of police, Mum & Dad surrounding you. Still it might put a few rapists off.
~M

I think the whole idea is a little silly, and scary that they actually have gotten to the point where they think they have to do that. Honestly, pressure sensors in the bra? What if you actually bump your boob against a wall or somebody else's purse or something?

Daimona

Last year, newspapers around the world reported that "the Codfather" (41,7 kg / 91 lb, and 145 cm / 4 ft 9 in) was caught, but last Sunday an even bigger cod fish were caught with an angler in Northern Norway. The beast measured 47 kg (app. 103 lbs 10 oz) and 160 cm (app. 5 ft 3 in).

Source: Adressa.no (written in Norwegian, but do click on the link to see the picture!)

How tall are you compared to these fishes??

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Last year, newspapers around the world reported that "the Codfather" (41,7 kg / 91 lb, and 145 cm / 4 ft 9 in) was caught, but last Sunday an even bigger cod fish were caught with an angler in Northern Norway. The beast measured 47 kg (app. 103 lbs 10 oz) and 160 cm (app. 5 ft 3 in).

Source: Adressa.no (written in Norwegian, but do click on the link to see the picture!)

How tall are you compared to these fishes??
WOW! & double WOW! What a monster, I bet that took some pulling in. What sort of fish food does the Norwegian seas contain:lol: Definitely not a place to go swimming/diving in;)
~Mosaic

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Have you seen the video of the impala jumping into and hiding in a SUV while being chased by two cheetas?
If not, it is truly amazing. You'll find it here: Video: Impala seeks refuge from cheetah by leaping into tourists' car - Telegraph

The video isn't showing up for me, I even went to the main page & clicked on the story. But good for the impala - he/she lives another day! The Cheetah was probably muttering damn tourists they are so interfering, they stole my dinner! :)
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
This is a bit gross so take care if you are squeamish. (There are no scary pictures)

Dog Eats Owner's Toes and Likely Saves His Life | Life With Dogs

This has been all over the news in sweden for a few weeks now. Today I heard a radio documentary/interview about the man's life before this and boy, was that a story.

Anyways, it seems to have worked out all for the best. The dog sensed that the toes were bad and now the man is doing well.

AndreaSTL

Daimona, this made me think of the cute and fuzzy bunnies from One Crazy Summer. <sigh> loved me some John Cusack.

Gisela, what more is there to the story? The link mentioned he had been in an accident and didn't have feeling, but not much more. I was wondering how one manages to not wake up when one's toes are being gnawed off, so I was glad they explained about that part.

Shanazel, no alias necessary! I'm not sure if it was the accent or her demeanor, but that was hilarious.