2020 World Weather Thread

Ariadne

I have air conditioning and try not to go outside between 11am and 3pm; unless it involves an air conditioned car. But thank you.

It rained last night. So the air is sweet and the roads are covered in mud (from the flooding). Still worth it.

Daimona

Quite summerly and nice until Saturday, but autumn arrived yesterday with 10C, heavy rain and cold winds.

Greek Bonfire

It has been a stellar summer here as far as my preferences go, hot and dry. We do need rain badly, however. We got rain a couple of weeks ago, along with a derecho. I'm hoping for something much less dramatic. If I had my way, it would rain only during the night!

Shanazel

Hot, dry. Fire weather. I'd love to see some rain. We only get a handful of nights, usually in August when it is too hot to sleep in our attic bedroom. Last night was one of them. I went down to sleep in the living room until things cooled off about 4:00 a.m. It's almost 90 right now with a high of 99 predicted for this afternoon.

Ariadne

It has been sprinkling and it's getting colder. Days have been between 50-60F/10-15C and nights are between 30-40F/-1-4C. It just hit all of a sudden the last week of October, warmed back up by 30 or so degrees then dropped right back down the last few, and it will probably stay down. We never got our Monsoon season this year. Usually in late August or early September we get a week+ of torrential rains. This year we had the one rain in July and then the flooding in August from, again, a single rainstorm and that was it; so I really hope that it keeps sprinkling and adds up. We need to fill the reservoirs.

Greek Bonfire

For the last five days in Chicago, the weather has been unseasonably warm with temperatures in the 60-77 degree area. The weather here in 2020 has been very favorable in every season.

Shanazel

19 degrees and snowing. Wind about 10 mph. I'm thinking of unplugging the phone, lighting a fire in the woodstove, and pretending the world doesn't exist beyond by front yard.

Shanazel

Been windy here today: sustained winds of 45 miles per hour and gusts well over 80 mph. Atlantic City (Wyoming, not the one on the east coast) recorded a gust of 119 mph. Must be November. Wish we had the storm window up. Screens are a bit drafty for this kind of weather.

Greek Bonfire

Been windy here today: sustained winds of 45 miles per hour and gusts well over 80 mph. Atlantic City (Wyoming, not the one on the east coast) recorded a gust of 119 mph. Must be November. Wish we had the storm window up. Screens are a bit drafty for this kind of weather.

We had winds here gusting up to ONLY 69 mph!