Post a Song You'd Like to See Someone Dance To!

Ariadne

I love that idea. I'm going through my favorite music now to see if there is any I am sadly lacking in performances of.

LunaXJJ

I've danced to it, something about the music makes you need to, I just know I could never express through dance how much that song moves me.

Indigo Shimmer

My "fantasy steampunk skirt" solo dance I just started to practice for, is to the 60's song "Those Were The Days My Friend" by Mary Hopkins. This song has haunted me since I first heard it as a child and it lends itself well to skirt work.

There's also a rather unknown song by Styx I would like to do a skirt dance to eventually. It has a lot of accordian in it. I think its called "Boat on the River".

Not Middle Eastern songs at all but I still think they're do-able.

Indigo S.

Indigo S.

Roshanna

I'd love to see someone dancing to 'Maddah El Amar' by Abdel Halim Hafez. It's so beautiful, it makes me feel all shivery. But I don't feel quite up to dancing to it and doing it justice myself yet... Actually, I see there are a few videos on youtube of people dancing to it, but I can't watch them yet because I'm at work :(
[video=youtube_share;aAvnadEIU2I]http://youtu.be/aAvnadEIU2I[/video]

The other song I'm obsessed with at the moment but haven't had an opportunity to dance to myself yet is Esmaouni (originally by Warda, but there's a nice version on Leila Farid's 'Sukara' CD). And another beautiful Abdel Halim one, Mawa'ood, which I'm holding off dancing to because I saw a very moving performance to it by Kay Taylor last year and feel like I'd be sort of in her shadow trying to make my own dance.

Songs I'm obsessed with and have performed to/am going to dance to in the near future myself are Agibni Kulak (Soooo much fun to dance to!) and Enta Omri (my next choreo project)...