The Goblin Calendar 2011-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daimona

The Goblin Calendar 2011-2012: Dec 25

For some reason, it seems like the goblins has left the underwold to play tricks on me even before Christmas. Dec 22, I bought some books and a couple of CDs at a local mall. When I got back at the car, I was distracted by an amazing rainbow. The sun was low and its rays gliding over the rooftops. All the colors were present in the rainbow, and it was a complete and crisp half circle hovering above my home town.

Then I went back home, carried up some bags (I had been out for a long time already) and went out again to get the last presents. Some hours later after getting back home, relaxing a bit and then getting ready for wrapping them up, it seemed like the bag with the books and CDs had disappeared. I searched high and low, even in the car, but the bag seemed to be nowhere.
I even continued to search the next day. Luckily I found it on time, but I was --> <-- this close to search for replacements if I hadn't..

Anyway.. here is my contribution (please excuse mistakes in grammar and composition):

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Where did you find your missing bag of books & CDs?:D I have a Xmas goblin story but will keep it for my goblin day:D
~Mosaic

Daimona

Where did you find your missing bag of books & CDs?:D I have a Xmas goblin story but will keep it for my goblin day:D
~Mosaic

Probably the same place I had let them (on the floor in front of the cupboard in my hobby room), despite me looking several times in there.. :rolleyes: :lol:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Probably the same place I had let them (on the floor in front of the cupboard in my hobby room), despite me looking several times in there.. :rolleyes: :lol:
It definitely was the goblins playing tricks:lol::lol:
~Mosaic

walladah

Daimona, is this poem yours?

It is very nice! and... very into the bellydance mentality!

Because, demon means just God and Goddess... never mess with the powerful!

As for the trick the goblins played to you, well... this is really funny!
And remember, Goblins are not allowed to steal anything from our world apart from food (usually sweets)!

Merry Dodecameron!

walladah

2nd Day of Dodecameron, December 26th!

My treat is a musical goblin tale about the Goblins and the Nolaugh City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7OE_o0hypg

It is a long fairy tale, modern, but based on traditional stuff, which i love very much and the story summary is the followig:

The Goblins got bored going every year to the Nolaugh City to play tricks without people laughing at all and then go back to the underworld and find the Tree of Life recovered. So, some year they decided to make the habitants of the Nolaugh City do the tricks and the Goblins to be able to laugh with them. So, they flied to the City on a pack of geese and they distributed a magical potion so that the people of th Nolaugh City became very laughing, smiling and friendly, hugging and kissing each other, filling with sweets the streets and having the children enjoying the fair! spring came in the middle of winter and everything came upside down and everybody was having fun, singing and dancing and the nonlaughing people became very laughing people! and there came the official guests of the Goblins: Snowhite, the Happy Prince, the Lead Soldier and his Ballet Dancer lady, Tom Sawyer and Karagyoz, even Jimmy Hendrix!

Then, after the Goblins flied away on their geese and the Nolauch City woke up the next day, its habitants could not remember what had really happened or they really wanted to forget about that. So, they never again talked about that night and when the visitors of the City that night mentioned that the Nolaugh City was happy and laughing for just the last night of Dodecameron, they hated the foreigners and they tried to made stop telling those "lies". Nolaugh city became just like it has always been and children only kept remembering the songs they learned that night and they sang them, although their parents and teachers tried to persuade them that all those stories about Goblins and geese are silly tales. Of course, every time the children sang and danced a pack of white geese appeared in the sky...

PS/I do not know whether it is the story tellers' invention or traditional stuff, but they say in the song that the magic potion took 18 days to be prepared, so it seems that the Goblins might visit our world a bit earlier than Christmas!

walladah

This is great! I love this poem!

I think it is fairly political, i mean oriented to talk about the economy... or am i too affected by all this continuous discussion about economics? [ok, i admit that i also study economics, i am a real Goblin]

Moreover: any other Goblin that wants to join the Calendar, as there are some more days left for tricks? (Dec 28th, 29th and 31st and January 4th). In case a Goblin does not appear till tomorrow, i will make the trick of December 28th!!!

walladah

4th Day of Dodecameron, December 28th

Breaking news!

New Year's presents might not be delivered in time as Santa Claus is under arrest for sexual harassment against a lady in front of her children. Santa is already brought to justice and is under trial because the judge denied to dismiss him on bail, given that the police and Interpol have serious evidence on his preparing to escape to his villa, which lies in no man's land of the North Pole.

Given that the trial might be traumatic for non-adults, cameras are not allowed in the courtroom so, we only could have an exclusive sketch about a very thrilling moment of the trial where the defendant had to answer the District Attorney's questions...

walladah

I am sure that he would be persecuted at some point

for sexist attitude (the boss is always a man, the elves are rather asexual beings)
for animal abuse
for educating children in consumerism
for suppression of employees, as instead of a cooperative or collective, he is the boss and he is able to offer gifts at the expense of the work of others...

any other idea?

PS/By the way, no Goblin appeared yet for today... what if we just prepared a list with causes for litigating against Santa?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Santa could be persecuted for:
being overweight

For encouraging children to believe that toys come alive when humans can't see them

For breaking & entering peoples ho
mes (whether by chimney, door or window wouldn't matter)

For disturbing the peace after midnight ( .... When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,....... plus.... And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name! "Now Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen! On, Comet! On, Cupid! on, on Donner and Blitzen! To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall! Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!" ...&.... "Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas to all & to all a goodnight!")
~Mosaic

walladah

Ariadne, thank you so much for the Goblin trick of Dec 29th!!

Yes, we can keep reading till next Christmas!

Mosaic, i love the reasons you give!!!esp. the one about breaking into people's homes illegally and disturbing nightly peace!!! hahahaha, he definitely is guilty for those too crimes!!!

What about advertising coca-cola without the other companies being able to negotiate a contract with him (falls under Competition Act i think)?

Thank you so much both of you! i really laughed and i am amazed with so many goblin stuff we have around!

Now, i am looking forward for today's trick!

W.

PS/Ariadne, i know that you had registered for Jan 5th! It is still holding, isn't it?

Greek Bonfire

And don't forget - Santa is always calling someone a Ho!

I don't have goblins today but I do have some offbeat Christmas humor that I hope you will enjoy.

Enjoy!

walladah

7th Day of Dodecameron - December 31st

Goblinwork in the Church of Nativity, 2011!!

This year the orthodox and armenian monks got into a real fight with brooms IN the church of Nativity, during the ritual cleaning of the place....

Clerics Fight in Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem « Fr Stephen Smuts Blog

i am sure Goblins this year had great plans for the monks!

I can tell, when i watched this video on TV i could not even believe my (goblin) eyes...

W.

PS/with this posting i do not want to insult any religion or any people who really respect their religion as a message of peace. It is the Goblins' feature to point out fake people and fake attitudes...

Aniseteph

The goblins hid our Christmas stockings this year!!!!! :shok: :shok: :shok: We were about to have to improvise with Santa hats when they turned up in a bag behind the sofa.

Some goblinish extracts from my YouTube favourites:

Goblins or substance abuse have to be at the root of the costume design here.

1:12 is the best bit IMO.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.