Moving to a new hosting provider

Salome

Administrator
I pay annually for hosting. My host, which is already quite expensive, has decided to charge for every cpanel used for each account. It used to be $432 a year, I've just gotten an invoice for $732!! They do not pro rate so I've ridden it out to the end of my service, which is this month (the 22nd). I will be moving to a new host. There is always down time while the Domain names are re directed to the new home. I am so slammed I am not sure when exactly I am going to get this done but in the next few weeks. You can watch my Facebook for updates if it seems to be taking longer than normal, I will post there.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
If you haven't found a provider, I can recommend "hostcolor" highly. Please post any needed updates HERE - not everybody is on facebook...

Shanazel

The unmitigated gall of the host, Salome. I'm sorry it has been such a big expense. Ditto what Daimona said. Zorba, if the site is down, updates can't be posted here. I have to go on FB (job involves keeping up a museum page) so if it gets too long, email me and I'll let you know what's going on.

Salome

Administrator
After some fiddling this morning on my end I got the following message: "Hi,
It seems to be good now, we will update you once migration has completed. Migration may take 12-24 hours."
Yeehaw!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Then they'll have to update the nameservers, which will take time to propagate across the 'net. I would think that they'd close the forum during that time.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Ok - I hope you shut down the old forum when you did that! Salome knows this - but for others you can get an "interesting" mix of the old forum and the new for a short time (without getting too technical).

Salome

Administrator
This might have been the smoothest host move ever. The forum and orientaldancer.net are resolved to the new host. Only ibellydance.net is still propogating. So very little down time. It feels to good to be true.

AudreyTerry

I never paid more than $350 annually and every website on which I am working on are running perfectly without any problems. To be honest, despite of the fact that I consider a hosting that costs more than $400 expensive, more than $700 is really trash and I think you should have been changed it earlier. Anyway, there are a lot of normal companies that could host you for good money. For example I am using https://fortunelords.com/best-web-hosting-canada/, they have good prices and the best service.

Last edited: