Moves Vocabularly Of Raqssharqi

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Half (or more) of the native Egyptian teachers I've had don't have "names" for the movements. They will instead make little noises. Makes for some very interesting transcriptions...

ImmanMussa

Half (or more) of the native Egyptian teachers I've had don't have "names" for the movements. They will instead make little noises. Makes for some very interesting transcriptions...

I know thats what I normally do is teach by demonstration of movements and maybe sometimes mention few names I know....but I got few website will read through and take the main ones needed xx

Kashmir

Reminds me of when I was working in St Paul with another New Zealander. One of the locals asked what we called a sidewalk in New Zealand. Peter deadpanned "What's a sidewalk?"

Having a list of belly dance terms is pretty meaningless unless because different people called the same move different names and the same term can refer to totally different moves. I've just finished a three city tour of New Zealand - a country of only 4 million people - and even within the same city people use different terminology.