Underground....

masrawy

What do you think

did the forum went underground and became more of private messaging board instead of an open forum?? It seems most of activities now is carried through PM ... it feels like "Gourfat el 3alaliat" for preparing for attack and counter attack for the final take over and declare victory

"Mission accomplished"

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of open forum!??

Translation / Gourfat el 3alaliat = the war room

PS: Lydia, if you're reading this It's not PMS epidemic it's PM syndrome.;)

Caroline_afifi

Strangely enough yes... not good.

Heya Thawra?

is it a revolution?

I dunno, I said it before but strange things are happening.

99% of my own thoughts are still out in the open and I intend to keep it that way.

karena

Well I wouldn't know as people very rarely PM me. I'll not take it personally :(

(That's not a request for a bunch of PMs, I'd rather discuss things in the open)

Aniseteph

Well I wouldn't know as people very rarely PM me. I'll not take it personally :(

(That's not a request for a bunch of PMs, I'd rather discuss things in the open)

Ha ha me too! No one tells me anything... :( ;)

I've got some catching up and reading between the lines to do!

PMS sounds unhealthy for the forum to me.

Last edited:

masrawy

Hint .. hint look at who is online some previously active member just logs in for PM's purposes ... :shok:

Maybe we should make a club for yhe not included and PM each other's .... brilliant!!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Well I log in everyday and stay logged in as long as my computer is on, I very seldom receive PMs, mind you I also seldom send PMs. If I was going to hold a lengthy conversation privately I would email rather than PM anyway:D I post where I have something to say, and I still see plenty of other posts.

Maybe I am naive :think:- but it all seems normal to me. Maybe a bit quieter, but then the forum has always had its active and quiet moments.

Maybe previously active mem's just don't have much to say right now, and log in to keep up with what is posted. If they are online they could be like me, ... logged in as long as the computer is on.;)

~Mosaic

Maria_Aya

heyyy so the ones that was using PM's before are suspects? lol
Yessssss I like it he he
I feel that the feeling of the forum changed around a year before, and not now. But this is normal in life also, what stays the same forever?
We close circles to open new ones!

kisses to all

:cool:

Aniseteph

Can't say I'm bothered who logs in when, or why. I occasionally notice the green lights and wonder what it's like where you are, but otherwise... people will be here to read stuff now or will be along later, or not at all... whatever.

Caroline_afifi

Pm's have always been used so there is nothing wrong with that.

I think the point was more a question about how much of that is happening now as things have gone a little quieter and there is perhaps a change in atmosphere?

Has it gone more underground because people do not feel as comfortable at the moment? I dunno?

I am not P'ming any more than usual.

Kharis

Perhaps this depends on the nature of the PM's. When I log on, I often leave my computer on all day, so it looks as though I'm here, when actually, I'm out. My computer automatically logs onto OD when I open the page and I sometimes leave it open as a window just like I leave hotmail open, or Ebay.

I don't PM that often. I prefer to say my piece publicly. I get the feeling folks are a bit pissed that perhaps the board is getting too fluffy and loved up. Perhaps an outlet is needed. A board for a good old fashioned argument. :lol::lol::D

What does surprise me on here, however, is how may people log on anonymously and lurk. I don't see the point of that. But having said that, sometimes my computer logs me out without me realising it, and I only twig when I find I can't message.

Caroline_afifi

Well I think people definately have different needs and levels of stimulation.

I am aware that some people in life perceive even the most cosy discussion/debate as a potentially threatening conflict.

We also have different reasons for being here, ultimately I hope it is about stretching our knowledge of this dance.

People are interested in some threads more than others.

I prefer the ones that really dig deep into the discussion and on occasions I like the funny light stuff.

There are some on here with cracking sense of humours and I have belly laughed on many occasions.

masrawy

true story Ya khawaga ...

How can you tell someone is only PMing? :confused:

That's easy .. do you remember my flying corporate from the drying fish post, I called her Azzeza by the way since "Lassie" is more common name for flying carpets in Egypt, I like to be different also she doesn't get confused when someone else call thier carpet. ;)

any way all I have to do is show her the who is onlines page she take couple of sniff than flyaway and bring me back what's happened ...

true story Ya khawaga Shanazel.

khanjar

I go away and come back as suits my mood, but each time I go away and come back, I have more understanding and can see more of what goes on. This place like any other internet place is an extension of life, a place people come to converse, converse with a world wide community.

I love it, the internet, I have learned so much and made many friends online, some of whom I have met offline and I will continue to do so. The net is a wonderful social tool as well as a sorce of ideas and inspiration. The world is a smaller place, but being a smaller place, we are now open to the squabbles we see, something to expect in a large community where understanding does not always reign.

The other thing of course, is we hide behind screens typing words in camouflage, if in the future the internet expands so as a person's features are seen. I will expect the squabbles to die out, as no one likes to be seen to be the source of malcontent.

But as I said elsewhere, were there are artists, beings who drive on emotion and spirit, there will always be words of emotion and sometimes emotion gets out of hand, as it is the will of the artist.

(I am at a college full of artists and don't I know the conflict that comes when considering art and the exponents of art, I rarely if ever agree, as I believe what has been done is no measure of what can be done and with new people comes new ideas, and no idea is wrong, just different)

Dev

What do you think

did the forum went underground and became more of private messaging board instead of an open forum?? It seems most of activities now is carried through PM ... it feels like "Gourfat el 3alaliat" for preparing for attack and counter attack for the final take over and declare victory

"Mission accomplished"

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of open forum!??

Translation / Gourfat el 3alaliat = the war room

PS: Lydia, if you're reading this It's not PMS epidemic it's PM syndrome.;)
Dear Masrawy and all,

I am not sure if people are using pms rather than the open forum, as I have no privilege to access anybodies accounts other than mine. But you might be right or might be wrong.

This forum goes around in phases. The fighting, bickering and winging are some of the characteristics of this forum. The members who are here for the last 4-5 years will know that there were some huge discussions, and some turned really ugly on the process. The BDSS or the male dancing thread . The first one was locked and the later one has been divided into 6 different parts because it became messy at the end. Then the attitude thread , where Aisha and Taik had a big argument with an Egyptian member and the Ishtar thread (One of the moderators left this forum because of that particular discussion ).

In recent years we have had some very interesting members join in , Like Cathy, Caroline , Kharis , Kayshier ,Masrawy , Mya , Shira , Sita and a few more to mention, also a new batch of dedicated moderators . (The moderator board is very active compared to before ) The dimension of this forum has been changed since and changing every time I log in and thats a good thing otherwise it would be very boring. You can be like Lydia Dubai,( if you want to) who is actually a nun in bedlah.

I personally am not interested in re-cycling my opinion , rather I will read yours. Thats why I don't post so often.

Another thing I wanted to discuss , somebody mentioned previously about members having anti-Arabic feelings in this forum, truthfully, I don't know about this forum, but I agree in general , the Western world probably does have this Arab phobia, which is ingrained, No they do not want to kill any Arab but they have certain notions about the Arabs. underlying racism ? probably. I don't know, its very complex to me.

You will find every culture has this problem, In India most Hindus view Muslims are just “smelly beef eaters “(90 % Hindus don't eat Pork or beef ) , They have certain reasons why they think that way and its not based on any scientific experiments, but ignorance and presumptions. Its like the fear of the West in many Asian/middle Eastern countries where the word “western” used often as a derogatory meaning. If a girl takes an unusual profession or watch a TV program from the West, she might get called “being too western” or in plain language “ too slutty”.

Cultural attitude is a huge problem on this planet.

Regards to you all.

Marya

Dear Masrawy and all,

I am not sure if people are using pms rather than the open forum, as I have no privilege to access anybodies accounts other than mine. But you might be right or might be wrong.

This forum goes around in phases. The fighting, bickering and winging are some of the characteristics of this forum. The members who are here for the last 4-5 years will know that there were some huge discussions, and some turned really ugly on the process. The BDSS or the male dancing thread . The first one was locked and the later one has been divided into 6 different parts because it became messy at the end. Then the attitude thread , where Aisha and Taik had a big argument with an Egyptian member and the Ishtar thread (One of the moderators left this forum because of that particular discussion ).

In recent years we have had some very interesting members join in , Like Cathy, Caroline , Kharis , Kayshier ,Masrawy , Mya , Shira , Sita and a few more to mention, also a new batch of dedicated moderators . (The moderator board is very active compared to before ) The dimension of this forum has been changed since and changing every time I log in and thats a good thing otherwise it would be very boring. You can be like Lydia Dubai,( if you want to) who is actually a nun in bedlah.

I personally am not interested in re-cycling my opinion , rather I will read yours. Thats why I don't post so often.

Another thing I wanted to discuss , somebody mentioned previously about members having anti-Arabic feelings in this forum, truthfully, I don't know about this forum, but I agree in general , the Western world probably does have this Arab phobia, which is ingrained, No they do not want to kill any Arab but they have certain notions about the Arabs. underlying racism ? probably. I don't know, its very complex to me.

You will find every culture has this problem, In India most Hindus view Muslims are just “smelly beef eaters “(90 % Hindus don't eat Pork or beef ) , They have certain reasons why they think that way and its not based on any scientific experiments, but ignorance and presumptions. Its like the fear of the West in many Asian/middle Eastern countries where the word “western” used often as a derogatory meaning. If a girl takes an unusual profession or watch a TV program from the West, she might get called “being too western” or in plain language “ too slutty”.

Regards to you all.

Dipali,

as usual, you manage to get to heart of the issue without offending anyone, and for that I thank you, but are you sure Lydia is a nun in bedlah? :lol::lol::lol:

Marya

cathy

Thanks Dev! I enjoy your posts too.

Maswary: Hey, I like vampires! I even think they are misunderstood and often sexy. And I just finished reading "Mole People" about tunnel dwellers in NYC. So I am interested in the Underground and subversive too.

I don't PM much, but when I do the recipients probably take it as a compliment--it is meant that way. Likewise if I have ever PM'd ABOUT someone else (OK, I admit it, I have!) they might not know it but it's a compliment too. It means they got to me. They made me think. They caused a reaction, either positive or negative.

And Shanazel--Speaking of nuns and angels. You haven't turned into a horse have you?!? :shok::lol: Did you ever read Gulliver's Travels? The Houyhnhnms? Supremely rational intelligent horse beings who call the primitive, vulgar people who dwell in their lands the Yahoos?

Cathy

masrawy

If they are cooked right ....

Hey Dipali

Actually, I have and keep my PM box 3 times since I have been here. There is nothing wrong with a one on one interactions of the side conversation it just seemed to me that some member have went underground for whatever reason after the recent events around here.

Obviously I haven't read the posts you mentioned .. should I?! Argument is fine and if people decide to leave that's fine too ... character assassination after this point of no return where I draw the line. A'isha, and Tarik fighting and bickering was painful for everyone involved, but putting gasoline on the fire did not help.

Sure, I could see the change ... Lydia if you're reading this, You need to do something about this :D:D I could teach you some rudeness. ;)

I'm not sure I agree with your point here as time goes by I see things differently I may change my opinion .. that will not happen if everyone keep Silent.

It is reality not only here or now it's a deep-rooted issue that has been building for long-term ... if you're an Arab you just learn how to roll with it.

You will find every culture has this problem, In India most Hindus view Muslims are just "smelly beef eaters "(90 % Hindus don't eat Pork or beef ) , They have certain reasons why they think that way and its not based on any scientific experiments, but ignorance and presumptions. Its like the fear of the West in many Asian/middle Eastern countries where the word "western" used often as a derogatory meaning. If a girl takes an unusual profession or watch a TV program from the West, she might get called "being too western" or in plain language " too slutty"

funny you say that I have never met a vegetarian that I didn't like.... they all taste very good to me, you just need to know how to cook them right. ;)

here is a clip that explain why we the human race are created to eat meat ..

I don't know about Asia but the Middle East I have never seen the word Westerner used as derogatory word.

Salam~Mahmoud