Rule point system on this forum

Amulya

Haha, you guys have been really naughty going off topic in this thread!

I wonder if someone goes off topic, how strict do we have to be about that? I mean if someone starts advertising their stuff in a thread that's obvious, but often people just make a little joke or mention something else that popped up in their head and that wasn't with bad intentions. What about that? Lots of people do it, including me (but I always mention 'this is off-topic', not just hijacking the thread)

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
can we get report cards at the end of the month to tell us how many times we went off topic?

I know you're making a funny but you can actually see your infractions when you go to your profile and click the "infractions' tab.

Harry

I can't find the 'infractions' tab that Salome mentions, but perhaps it is a moot point, unless you have the tendency, as Amulya says, to try to "hijack" the thread. I think we all veer away once in awhile, with little quips, and such. I interpret that as good ol' conversation in passing. Salome and our erstwhile volunteer moderators are simply targetting the really extreme abusers. Keep cool, you'll do okay. :cool:

alosha

I know you're making a funny but you can actually see your infractions when you go to your profile and click the "infractions' tab.

first- I am so glad I am not the only one who uses "making a funny" :lol: i say it and I sometimes get the strangest looks...

second - I was actually serious. I don't want to get booted.

gisela

Super Moderator
yeah I was thinking that too, that maybe only moderators can see it to give infraction, and that it only shows up for others after you get one. So if you can't find it then you didn't misbehave :D
I think there will be sent a automatic message too, with the reason for infraction, and the moderator can expand on the subject as well, within that message.
If you go back and read the new rules again you can see that off topic-infraction is only one point and to get booted you need many more.

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Haha, you guys have been really naughty going off topic in this thread!

I wonder if someone goes off topic, how strict do we have to be about that? I mean if someone starts advertising their stuff in a thread that's obvious, but often people just make a little joke or mention something else that popped up in their head and that wasn't with bad intentions. What about that? Lots of people do it, including me (but I always mention 'this is off-topic', not just hijacking the thread)

I agree with the whole "it's like a real conversation point"

I can't find the 'infractions' tab that Salome mentions, but perhaps it is a moot point, unless you have the tendency, as Amulya says, to try to "hijack" the thread. I think we all veer away once in awhile, with little quips, and such. I interpret that as good ol' conversation in passing. Salome and our erstwhile volunteer moderators are simply targetting the really extreme abusers. Keep cool, you'll do okay. :cool:

Exactly. I'm fairly lenient as far as kidding around is concerned; I kid around a lot, and when it comes to things popping in your head, I'm the poster child for that. :confused: I think it just boils down to using good old-fashioned common sense, as a poster or as a moderator. On the one hand, as a moderator, I don't want to be the unbendable "poster police," but on the other, I know that I have a responsibility to see that things don't get out of hand. Everyone just needs to use good judgment. :)

We have had a lot of fun moments here; for instance, who knew that a topic about glitter makeup could turn into a whimsical convo about glitter-farting fairies and unicorns? :lol:

Last edited:

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
If it is like the other forums I am on, only moderators can see infractions that members have and how many. Members will see infractions but only after they get them, and they can only see their own infractions. On my other forum it shows up in your CP just above the the 'reputation you received'

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
There seems to be a "SPAM storm" going on right now. My inbox is inundated, and that hasn't happened in awhile.

Harry

There seems to be a "SPAM storm" going on right now. My inbox is inundated, and that hasn't happened in awhile.
Seems to go in spurts, as well as "spam" calls on mobile telephones (yep, I said mobile). Spam detection software on your personal devices becomes a good idea.