Oslo 1001 nighs Festival!

Daimona

Ooooh... I think I have to reconsider going there... :D
(i.e. I had first decided not to go, but now I'm not sure..)

Khalida

Update: Due to the airports closing there might be a schedule update at the festival!!

In short: We are currently looking for alternative ways to get Diana Tarkhan to the festival in time, but if it does not work out I will be chipping in and teaching 2 extra workshops: Raks sharqi choreography on Saturday (the dance I'm performing in the show on Friday) and Shimmies and Combinations for drum solos on Sunday.

I google translated the website from Norwegian, so please excuse the language flubs: Google's fault, not mine! ;) This was posted today at MAGEDANS:

NEWS NEWS NEWS: The festival is of course as planned despite the ash from Iceland. Guest Dancer / Instructor, Belly Dancer of the World Champion 2007, Khalida, has already secured the ticket in case the aircraft remains, Siri and Martha's Oslo Boers, and Trine will drive over the mountains. Diana sits at the moment stuck in New York, but we expect that she too is in place for the weekend. If she does not do it, set up additional courses with Khalida instead of Diana. The show Friday night also goes as planned, and promised a magnificent, colorful and varied show with great artists in fabulous costumes. This is 10 years in a row, the festival is held and we have prepared a sweeping great show as well stand on its own even if our great guest dancer Diana would not be able to get to Oslo by Friday.

Tickets for the show on Oslo Konserthus[www.oslokonserthus.no] After the show we go on the Sahara Bedouin Arab restaurant in Queen Street 21 There is good food at a reasonable price, and maybe there will be some belly dancing too. Reservations on 22 41 90 00 (say you come from Oslo Bellydance Festival, straight from the concert hall - they stay open late for us)

Note that the reserved places on the show/workshops now should have been paid, those who are not paid by Tuesday will open the list of participants. If the course is canceled, it will be refunded, of course, course fee (should you be ill- refundable course fee also lodged against the medical certificate, as is common practice). For transport tips, go to the transportation

Daimona

I google translated the website from Norwegian, so please excuse the language flubs: Google's fault, not mine! ;) This was posted today at MAGEDANS:

NEWS NEWS NEWS: Khalida, has already secured the ticket in case the aircraft remains, Siri and Martha's Oslo Boers, and Trine will drive over the mountains.

:lol: Blame google translation! I'm glad you have a secured ticket, Khalida! :lol:

The strangest part of the sentence "Siri and Martha's Oslo Boers" is originally saying "Siri og Marte er Oslo-boere"; I.e. that the instructors Siri (Ydstie) and Marte (Magnus) lives in Oslo, implying they don't need to travel too far.

Khalida

The strangest part of the sentence "Siri and Martha's Oslo Boers" is originally saying "Siri og Marte er Oslo-boere"; I.e. that the instructors Siri (Ydstie) and Marte (Magnus) lives in Oslo, implying they don't need to travel too far.

Haha, didn't quite know what to make of that one :D And yes, what google was *trying* to say is that I bought a Bus ticket instead :lol: So volcano or no, I will be there!!