Name something you bought this week!

Shanazel

I came home from Arkansas with a quartz crystal geode for my dear daughter-out-law and a barrel of Lincoln logs for my grandson. My husband and son got hugs and kisses because they are so darned hard to buy anything for.

Daimona

Today I bought flowers and a light to put on my fathers grave, because today it is one year since he passed away (may he rest in peace).

Daimona

A gently used credit card terminal from a friend to connect with my mobile phone to use at local artisan markets.
Hardly anyone here uses cash anymore.

Darshiva

I got hubby a new phone yesterday. It is currently driving me nuts with notifications going off every few minutes. He has to change those settings or I will kill him. Either that or put the phone in the bedroom with him while he sleeps!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
A gently used credit card terminal from a friend to connect with my mobile phone to use at local artisan markets.
Hardly anyone here uses cash anymore.
Does anyone make a credit card reader (Square or what have you) that works with a COMPUTER?

Daimona

Does anyone make a credit card reader (Square or what have you) that works with a COMPUTER?

I would be surprised if it isn't, but it isn't anything I've considered getting myself.
The technology of both magnetic stripe swipe readers and chip readers have been available for many years by now.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I would be surprised if it isn't, but it isn't anything I've considered getting myself.
The technology of both magnetic stripe swipe readers and chip readers have been available for many years by now.
Totally agree - but I haven't seen one that wasn't rare and expensive. The cheap-o ones, Square et al, only work with overpriced and limited "devices", NOT a computer where I could use one. Grumble, grumble, mutter...

Ariadne

Some bone hair pins, an electric aromatherapy warmer, and a new parasol. I over shopped this faire but when a lady walked by with the sweetest parasol I just had to ask where she bought it and well...

Shanazel

I love parasols. I have several umbrellas that I use for sunshades but no proper parasol. I want a pretty lacy one with a sword stick, of course.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Some bone hair pins, an electric aromatherapy warmer, and a new parasol. I over shopped this faire but when a lady walked by with the sweetest parasol I just had to ask where she bought it and well...

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Ariadne

:lol: Well since you insisted. :D

image.jpg

It's double layered fabric with sixteen spokes. You put it up and you can just feel the temperature drop under it. (I forgot to mention it is HUGE. You can fit two people under it if you want. :D )

The warmer has antique style glass.

I love parasols. I have several umbrellas that I use for sunshades but no proper parasol. I want a pretty lacy one with a sword stick, of course.

Ok, that would be sweet. I wonder if that combination actually exists.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Oooooohhhhhh, me WANT!

I've seen plenty of sword canes but haven't found a sword parasol yet. I am convinced they are out there. How could something so sensible not exist?

Ariadne

Evidently not everyone is as sensible as us. I looked and while there were several umbrella models I didn't see a single parasol. Someone needs to realize that rain isn't the only thing from the sky that a lady needs protection from. :(

Shanazel

Ooo! What colors, Farasha?

Ariadne, sun coming down on my poor abused skin concerns me a lot more these days than rain. Unfortunately, in this country, wind often accompanies the sunshine and I'm likely to take off like Mary Poppins one of these days.