Mismatched top and bottom size

jenc

I really want a beautiful costume

went to this website The Belly Dance Shop - Costumes, Hip Scarves, Veils...

discovered that my bra would be medium and my belt XL!!. help!!! Ideas????

Or have I got this wrong

Small > Cup fits A or B / 30"-32" under bust / 32"-34" hips

Medium > Cup fits B or C / 32"-34 under bust / 34"-36" hips

Large > Cup fits C or D / 34"-36" under bust / 36-38" hips

X-Large > Cup fits D / 36"-38" under bust / 38"-40" hips

Doesn't 34 under bust mean that your bust measures at least 38". therefore hips would be at least 38, more probably 40"

just thought that belt needs to be smaller so as not to fall down, but my waist is 37 so I can't go much smaller!!

Last edited:

maylynn

Hi jenc, I think the only thing to do in this situation is whip out the tape measure!

However something about those measurements seems not quite right to me either. It is not anatomically correct to think that a woman's underbust (ribcage) diameter would be the same as hip diameter, which is what they imply... whose ribcage is the same size as their hips??

Maybe there are some measurement guidelines for you to follow on the website (eg. measure HERE for hips) that might explain the logic behind those figures. Perhaps the 'hips' figures are actually waist, or something.

If things still seem mismatched best bet (although I defer to the forum costume gurus) might be to opt for the larger size to fit hips and then pad the bra?

Marya

Jenc,

It is easier to modify a belt that a bra. It is hard, in general, to purchase a costume online, you really just never know what you are going to get. I have not used this vendor before so I have no idea of quality or sizing accuracy. Buying a Bedlah off the rack, whether online or otherwise, guarantees you will be modifying it. They never are just right.

Marya

Moon

Small > Cup fits A or B / 30"-32" under bust / 32"-34" hips

Medium > Cup fits B or C / 32"-34 under bust / 34"-36" hips

Large > Cup fits C or D / 34"-36" under bust / 36-38" hips

X-Large > Cup fits D / 36"-38" under bust / 38"-40" hips

:shok: If it's really like than then almost the whole world will need mismatched top and bottom.

Tikvah

Contact them! If they are the Bellydance Shop that's in Charlotte, North Carolina, they are great about returning emails and answering questions!