Lip Stain

Ariella

Maybe everyone else knew this already, but I just discovered the wonders of using lipstain instead of a gloss or lip pencil for performance. Specifically, I tried out Cover Girl Everlast, and it did actually last through a performance without fading at all or ending up on my teeth. Just wanted to share!

Does anyone else use a different brand of lip stain? How do you like it?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
To be honest I have never heard of it, but then again I am not into makeup at all and only ever wear it when I am performing or for a special night out, so just run with what I already have:D When I saw the title of the thread I thought that maybe you had found an old fashioned way of colouring the lips. I have heard that young women who wanted to look their best in front of someone they fancied ( before the advent of makeup or before they were old enough to wear it it) would pinch their cheeks and bite their lips to bring a rosiness to said areas. So here I was thinking maybe you had come across a less painful way of bringing about such rosiness :lol:

So after all that, what exactly is this lipstain?
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

It's a lip cosmetic that doesn't contain wax, unlike traditional lipsticks, and they're designed to do what their name says---stain the lips. :D I read online that the colors are supposed to be longlasting; I haven't tried any of them (yet), but I might in the near future. :)

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought someone had gotten a lipstick stain on a costume somehow! :shok: But then I guess it would have ended up in the Costumes section! :rolleyes: :lol:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
It's a lip cosmetic that doesn't contain wax, unlike traditional lipsticks, and they're designed to do what their name says---stain the lips. :D I read online that the colors are supposed to be longlasting; I haven't tried any of them (yet), but I might in the near future. :)

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought someone had gotten a lipstick stain on a costume somehow! :shok: But then I guess it would have ended up in the Costumes section! :rolleyes: :lol:
Hmmmm I must check it out, I tend to eat lipstick ( that's what seems to happen, as it disappears very quickly:lol:) as soon as I put it on:D I have never seen any advertising for it here in Oz though, so maybe it hasn't reached our fair shores yet.
~Mosaic

GypsyStacey

sounds interesting i'll have to check it out too. good thing is i have easy access to covergirl...lol. you could also add some gloss in the same colour for some shine, but when that wears off the colour of the stain is still there.

Ariella

When you apply the lip stain, you have to not let your lips touch for one minute so the lip stain can soak in. After that, it feels like you don't have anything on. Any petroleum product takes the lip stain off, so chap-stick, vaseline, or baby oil removes the stain from your lips.

It's great stuff! No more eating lipstick while I'm performing for me!

onela

Anybody have any experience with/opinion on the lip stains that they sell at the Body Shop? I don't shop there often any more.

Synder

Does anyone else use a different brand of lip stain? How do you like it?
It's just like a liquid dye that you put on your lips. If you know the sensation; it's like running water over your lips quickly and it dries, that's what it feels like.

Cover girl Outlast(7-8$) is great as far as staying and feeling like NOTHING is there. T
My only problem with CoverGirl is the animal testing thing.

Revlon (3-9$) has a great wide range of stain as well, and the best part is that it comes in a dual ended stick. One end being the stain and the other end being a lip balm made to work with the stain.

MAC(16$) does the same as revlon without the balm and they have essentially the same pigmentation at a much higher price.

Maybelline(6-9$) makes a marker lipstain as well but the only problem is that it has a habit of spreading from your lips into the tiny natural lines in your skin so it can give a slightly vein-y look around your lips.

I use Maybelline with a little lip liner to keep it from spreading and it's wonderful!

PracticalDancer

Cover girl Outlast(7-8$) is great as far as staying and feeling like NOTHING is there. T
My only problem with CoverGirl is the animal testing thing.
I have been a devout CoverGirl Outlast user for several years now. You can't beat the stuff. I have worn it on "dates" with my husband and it survives eating a meal without moving. And, as long as you keep your lips off of your teeth before it dries, it WILL NOT get on your teeth (or veil, or costume).

I hear your concern about animals, Snyder. Alas, it is what I have found that works.

Regards,

Anala

Farasha Hanem

My bellydance friend and classmate bought some lip stain and showed it to me (unfortunately, I forgot what brand it is), and she seems to not like it. For some reason, it only colored half of each of her lips! :think: I'll ask her next week what brand it is again, and how she applied it.

DancersDad

I will have to check this out for Laura. Maybe pick some up for her for the parade tomorrow. Thanks for the post! :)

dus'

Edit: Ok, we got Laura the CG product this morning and she wore it for the first time in the parade. Hot and perspiring the stuff worked amazingly well. She loved it. After the parade it looked as good as it did when she first put it on. Props and thanks for all the info about it! This will become a permanent part of her dancing warbag! :)

dus'

Last edited: