It's better than chocolate or dancing...really!

:lol: Okay well not really hardly anything is better than chocolate or dancing... but maybe _________________ for me fabric/ice cream? Anyone willing to give it a try?

Shanazel

Better than chocolate or dancing? A long ride in the country on a mellow horse on a beautiful day. (See mellow horse's eye to the left).

Mya

Oh Mya that is better...what kind of doggies and their names?

Tarik - after our very own, Fifi - after my darling favourite, Ansuya - because she had those big big sad eyes as a puppy, Anja and Bubba.

Tarik and Anja are the papa and mama dogs - Taro is a Terrier and Anja is a pomeranian-pekingese mix though i'm almost certain that she's got another mix in there somewhere because she's pretty tall for that mix.

I'll take a picture for you =)

Shanazel

I like dogs, too, but only have four: two yellow labs (Boudreaux and Bois d'arc), an Austrailian shepherd mix (Grizzie), and a petigreed Indian Gopher Hound (Callie). We also have seven house cats: Miriam, Beowulf, Timberwulf, Danae, Rapunzel, Edgar Allen Cat, and Lacy Maria. Tibby is the barn cat. Lots of kisses (and hair to marr anything we wear) at our house. I look forward to your picture, Mya. Any other over the top animal people here? Oh, the horse is Rebel and we are considering taking on a mare named Star. Just what we need...

better than chocolate

Yes please post pictures. Yep can I be considered an over the top critter person... I married my husband for his cat Torvald... who was a great big sweetie of a maine coon mix cat... his motto in life was if it's food I'll eat it... and according to Torvald... lutefisk isn't food. Also my husband's families pets and I get along really well... Lizzie the sheltie, Lars the Norwegian Forest Cat, Olaf the Shiztu and Lily the domestic long haired cat. Yep pet hair makes everything better. Creaks

Shanazel

lutefisk isn't food.

My husband, a sort of Irish-English-Norwegian mutt, says that every culture has one food invented solely to gross out all other cultures: lutefisk, menudo, pickled fertilized eggs, chitlins, okra, crawfish, borsch (okay, okay, maybe I'm the only one grossed out by beets in any form).

better than chocolate

yeah borscht is pretty gross...especially when you mix an egg in it...then it turns the shade of pepto bismol... now shav is really disgusting... it's a sorrel soup and well it looks so gross i never tasted it... it separates into layers and is an icky green... and only the really old aunties that no one knows who they are really related to sing it's praises. Creaks oh forgot my norskie hubbie is all norskie on both sides of the family...so they can come with some scary old norskie 'treats' like gammelost... a cheese I'm told is so stinky that when his granddad had a sandwich of it with him - he always got a seat on the subway.

Last edited:

PracticalDancer

Okay, it's related to dancing, but

Seeing that one special smile in an audience. The child who falls in love with dance during your performance (your child?); the mature woman in a wheelchair who fells her feet moving again for the first time in years; a young person who thinks "that could be me!"; an elderly gent who suddenly has the whimsy of youth; a waitress who thinks of a different career; a mother who decides that maybe it's OK if her daughter wants to be a belly dancer . . .

That to me is worth all of the hours of practice, sewing, sweating, and cursing I go through. That, to me, is worth everything.

Regards,

Anala

alosha

better than dancing? watching my children learn. and the unprompted smooch from my daughter, of course! I'm in a very thankful mood right now, so i'll stop before i fill a whole page!

alosha

critters....

Two dogs, LiLou and Ember. 7? cats... Becker (the only one that is really ours), Freddy the freeloader, Patches (a.k.a mama kitty) the neighbor's malnourished cat we started feeding, Boots and Judith - the babies of said malnourished cat who turned out to be pregnant, Cassanova (Nova) - the neighbors abandoned him when they left, he's the dad of the kittens, hence the name... then there's Gandalf the Furry and Pugsly who both just learned that we give away food here...

maria_harlequin

Since Shanazel mentioned horses...

Riding!! It's nearly been a year since I was on a horse but very few things beat the rush and the high I get from cantering!! :( Waaah, just thinking about it makes me sad. Darn lack of time and resources.