Hula-Hoop bellydance !!!! ????

Moon

If I were them, I would totally leave out the "bellydance" and just make a nice modern dance with a lot of hula hoop tricks. They seemed a lot better in that. The veil part makes it look bad.

chryssanthi sahar

Hula-Hoop on Shik Shak Shok (they used parts of it towards the end of the dance):shok: ? Sorry, that sucks:mad: They are lot better with the hula-hoop than with the belly dancing anyway and they should rather present only hula-hoop with proper music.

Sita

Well that was 5 mins of my life I'm never gonna get back,,, pointless is all that comes to mind
prehaps there should just be a new dance style created thats completly prop-based then they can stop polluting every other dance form with useless props..

As for hula hoops meet Hop LA LA they've taken it to the next level (these girls should focus on advancing hula hops as they did)....

Sita

Last edited:

Aisha Azar

Hoolahoop belly dance

Dear Gang,
They should have worn circus dog costumes.... either that or Pirate costumes.... How much more ridiculous is it all going to get before belly dancers start screaming their heads off about it ?????????????????????? WHY did their teacher let that happen, because clearly they are beginning students.
regards,
A'isha

kayshier

Dear Gang,
They should have worn circus dog costumes.... either that or Pirate costumes.... How much more ridiculous is it all going to get before belly dancers start screaming their heads off about it ?????????????????????? WHY did their teacher let that happen, because clearly they are beginning students.
regards,
A'isha

maybe it was the same teacher who facilitated the pirate belly dance workshop?:think:

Aisha Azar

That must be it!!!

maybe it was the same teacher who facilitated the pirate belly dance workshop?:think:

Dear Kayshier,
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buckaneer Hula Hoop Belly Dance.... why did I not see it before???? Maybe they could invest in some parrots to say stuff like, "Yalla me hearty wahinis! Time to dance the plank!!" Maybe they could all get a case of terminal scurvy while they are at it.... Oh my God, this stuff is beginning to make me mean!!!! I am just truly fed up to the gills with people thinking they can do whatever they want and tack the words "belly dance" on the end of it as if that gives it some kind of legitimate provenance.
Regards,
A'isha

chryssanthi sahar

Well that was 5 mins of my life I'm never gonna get back,,, pointless is all that comes to mind
prehaps there should just be a new dance style created thats completly prop-based then they can stop polluting every other dance form with useless props..

As for hula hoops meet Hop LA LA they've taken it to the next level (these girls should focus on advancing hula hops as they did)....

Sita

Wow!!!:clap: This was (opposite to our wannabe belly dancers girlies) a really cool hula-hoop show!:dance:

Sita

Dear Kayshier,
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buckaneer Hula Hoop Belly Dance.... why did I not see it before???? Maybe they could invest in some parrots to say stuff like, "Yalla me hearty wahinis! Time to dance the plank!!"
Ai'sha you just made my week with that image :lol::lol::lol: belly dance Pirate Parrots are the only props for me from this moment fwd!:clap:

Sita

Aisha Azar

Dance etc.

Ai'sha you just made my week with that image :lol::lol::lol: belly dance Pirate Parrots are the only props for me from this moment fwd!:clap:

Sita
Dear Sita,
Thanks, and as a fusion of all this, we could have Scurvy Belly Dance, where the advanced dancer pirate's gums must be bleeding in order to perform.... It happens to all good Wahini Pirates after they have really mastered their craft and are able to dance aboard ship for long periods of time without benefit of Vitamin C.
Regards,
A'isha

Shanazel

Super Moderator
Tsk. Sorry, but I must disagree with this whole hula hoop belly dance thing. It is only authentic belly dance if the hula hooping is done on stilts. :naghty:

Scurvy belly dance? Where dancers spatter the audience with loose teeth as opposed to loose beads and sequins? Ooooo, yuck.

delirious

Ok

Hula-Hoop on Shik Shak Shok (they used parts of it towards the end of the dance):shok: ? Sorry, that sucks:mad: They are lot better with the hula-hoop than with the belly dancing anyway and they should rather present only hula-hoop with proper music.
yay- that's me on the video! :dance:
Or maybe I shouldn't speak so loud about that, hearing the responds on this :think:

we had fun ;)

have a brilliant sunday, bellypeople :)

delirious

Sita
I'm awfully sorry for those 5 minutes!
Im confused as to why we should copy hoop la la.... They do their thing, and we do our thing. ;) If we wanted to do acrobatics, we would join the circus like everyone else ;)

delirious

We should stop dancing and start selling drugs on the streets or something ;)
I feel truly touched that you guys sacrificed so much energy discussing our video on a hardcore bellydance forum..............

lizaj

ah well delirious..you putyourself on youtube..hard core belly dancers found your fusion and some didn't like it. What do you expect?
I suggest that as you are happy with what you do you shrug your shoulders and ignore your detractors.

delirious

Sharing opinions on a video I voluntarly submit online i have no problems with. It's the mentality of some people that bugs me... Personally I have all the respect in the world for people going out there and doing something different and challenge the existing ideas of how things has to be! Some of these posts went a little too far!

I'm not saying this just because it's my video.

delirious

Dear Kayshier,
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buckaneer Hula Hoop Belly Dance.... why did I not see it before???? Maybe they could invest in some parrots to say stuff like, "Yalla me hearty wahinis! Time to dance the plank!!" Maybe they could all get a case of terminal scurvy while they are at it.... Oh my God, this stuff is beginning to make me mean!!!! I am just truly fed up to the gills with people thinking they can do whatever they want and tack the words "belly dance" on the end of it as if that gives it some kind of legitimate provenance.
Regards,
A'isha
There is nothing wrong with doing what you want. I don't see the problem. Sorry but you must be clearer on what you mean.

lizaj

Delirious you will just have to accept that some people do not think it appropriate to fuse ME belly dance with hoola-hooping or piratical fantasy.
I also dance fusion (ITS and tribal fusion) but when I do, I am not offended when it is not classed as belly dance. I also dance Egyptian style belly dance and that comes with cultural connections..those cultural aspects do not included hoola-hooping. You have to understand that there are many dedicated to the promotion of this dance do not see where hoola-hooping fits into the scheme of ME dance. It doesn't doesn't.
You were admired on Youtube but here people who don't like fusion have said so...you can't have it all ways.