How's the weather?

Mya

We used to have a thread like this - i can't seem to find it though.

How's the weather where you live?

We're all rained out. Farms destroyed, livestock destroyed, roofs gone, rivers overflowing their banks, highways flooded.

Somebody's got to be having some unbearable sun somewhere!

karena

Well for me it's been sunny* here all day :D My onions are drying out nicely. (That sounds a bit dodgy, but I mean that literally! I picked them at the weekend)
I believe it is a brief respite before we have more rain, rain and rain though. There is flooding in the UK too, although I live up a big hill so it's fine where I am.
Are those pics near where you are??
* by UK standards, it would probably be a miserable day for you :lol:

Mya

Are those pics near where you are??

I live on a tiny dot in the sea :lol: every thing is near to everything!

But no, if i had to guess i'd say those are on the highway leading through central to south of the island, about an hour away from the capital city. I live in one of the suburbs of the capital and i'm very fortunate that it doesn't flood like that. Although yesterday some streets fairly close to where i live did flood, but it's dry today. I hope it doesn't rain later though because the ground is still saturated in those flood-ish areas and they will flood if someone sneezes too wet.

Caroline_afifi

Those photos look like a large part of the UK right now!

what is going on? we have had no summer here in the UK for two years running... what a joke.

karena

I know. They offer us global warming, and what do we get? Rain! I want my money back! :lol:

Aniseteph

Ooh, look at all the Brits coming out to moan about the weather!

It has been dismal though. Soggy onions says it all.

khanjar

Brits always moan about weather, when it's hot and sunny, anything more than two days and the complaining starts. I think we are just a nation of moaners, as when we actually get something good, it gets moaned about.

Me, the hot dry weather suits me fine, let it continue when it happens.

But the weather, well, today it has been the same as much of the year, yet more rain. They don't call this the soggy south west for nothing. There has been a few minor floods, but nothing like up North. High winds we have had, quite a few of them, and they are especially vicious where I live, on a hill top, about a hundred feet above sea level. As I live on the coast, the English Channel a mile away, we get it fresh of the sea, and we get the weather first.

Ah well, storms have their pluses, as it is fantastic to go down to the beach at night in a howling storm.

Caroline_afifi

It is going to get worse!!

we have had really bad weather warnings here, which means the youth club will be full tonight.... doom and gloom :lol:

Mya

do you guys have onion gardens? :think:

It didn't rain yesterday at all - we had perfect caribbean weather, but it's already rained for the morning and i worry about folks in floody areas. I hope it doesn't keep up.:(

kayshier

We used to have a thread like this - i can't seem to find it though.

How's the weather where you live?

We're all rained out. Farms destroyed, livestock destroyed, roofs gone, rivers overflowing their banks, highways flooded.

Somebody's got to be having some unbearable sun somewhere!

there was unbearable sun in port of spain yesterday.....

kayshier

do you guys have onion gardens? :think:

It didn't rain yesterday at all - we had perfect caribbean weather, but it's already rained for the morning and i worry about folks in floody areas. I hope it doesn't keep up.:(

so how do u think the onions get in hilo?:lol:

karena

Unbearable sun! Send some our way.

I have a veg patch in my garden, with not just onions, but beans, courgettes, swedes, carrots, parsnips in too. I ate one of the onions for lunch. It was good!

Rainy here today :(