Hello!

Tourbeau

I hope whatever reputation I had from Bhuz precedes me in a good way!

I have been dancing on and off since 1999, studying mostly Arabic styles. I'm also a bit of an Arabic popular music nerd.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Oh, so you're THAT Tourbeau! :D

Seriously, I'm glad you're here - you've been missed ever since the Bhuz shutdown...

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Towards the end there was ENTIRELY too much politically correct BS on Bhuz, I'll grant that. But it was the "happening place" for many years.

Greek Bonfire

Now the sh*tstorms have moved over to Facebook. Mostly I am amazed at how many bellydancers get bent out of shape over a misspelled word.

Shanazel

I really miss the folks from here that moved over to Facebook and who seldom if ever visit back here. Won't deal with the PC hysteria that seems to flourish on that site so have lost track of some folks I liked very much. :(

prince ali baba

People Moved Over To Facebook?

I really miss the folks from here that moved over to Facebook and who seldom if ever visit back here. Won't deal with the PC hysteria that seems to flourish on that site so have lost track of some folks I liked very much. :(
I got the impression some people have just dropped out of the belly dance world all together. I do know at least one person who used to post on here often is on facebook now. It seems like a lot of the male dancers have just disappeared from belly dancing completely. Zorba being the exception. Then I know one male dancer is on instagram now. Last I heard he was teaching more than performing.

Greek Bonfire

I got the impression some people have just dropped out of the belly dance world all together. I do know at least one person who used to post on here often is on facebook now. It seems like a lot of the male dancers have just disappeared from belly dancing completely. Zorba being the exception. Then I know one male dancer is on instagram now. Last I heard he was teaching more than performing.

That's true, the bellydance ranks have thinned out. But also on Facebook, a bigger audience can be reached. And some just got sick of the nasty drama. I like to come here because it is a more cozy intimate setting though.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
DO NOT GET ME STARTED - on the subject of facesuck and similar sites... Fire of 10,000 suns and all that.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Bhuz got to be entirely too full of PCBS (Politically Correct Bull...) for someone like me who is ENTIRELY Politically incorrect. But I'd sooner put up with that than to ever set foot on facesuck, TWITter, or their ilk. But that's just me - in fact, its not possible to even link to my website from facesuck for reasons going back to that site's very beginning. It was a thorn in my side when it was still a little thing restricted to a very few college campuses and few people had even heard of it.