Apologies and a prayer?

Ariadne

I've been kinda irritable the last few months and I want to apologize to anyone I've snapped at because of it (especially Yame). It's one of the reasons I haven't been posting much lately, I don't want to bleed on on the board if you know what I mean. I don't know when I may start posting regularly again since I'm not expecting things to improve for a few months. I want you all to know how much I appreciate the community here though.

Before I go, if anyone is willing to pray for my family it will be appreciated. My mother has been fighting cancer for years now and this summer it's gotten worse. The funeral will probably be in a few weeks. There is no chance of her getting better (and it's no excuse for my irritability for the last little bit). My dad died several years ago so it's good to know they'll be together again, I'm happy for them and sad for me.

Thanks everyone for being awesome and I'll be back when my head is back on straight.

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The soul that rises with us, our life’s star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting,
And cometh from afar.
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory, do we come
From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy.
-William Wordsworth (1770–1850)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Ariadne, I am so sorry to hear of your Mum's illness, May she have a gentle passage when her time comes - hugs & prayers to you, your family & Mum
~Mosaic

Aniseteph

Oh Ariadne, how sad and awful. l hope things go the best they can under the circumstances. Take care of yourself, and yes, get out of jail free card as far as the forum goes.

Shanazel

Hugs and prayers from me, too. Don't stay away for fear of being a bit growly; you are ours and we care about you.

gisela

Super Moderator
Dear Ariadne, I am very sorry to hear about your mum. Take care, be well and come back soon.

Yame

Ariadne, you don't have to apologize for anything at all. If we got into an argument here recently, I don't even remember what it was about. I'm used to debating opinions on forums and I don't ever take these arguments personally.

I'm so sorry about your mother :(

You must be going through a very hard time right now. All I can say is that you are always appreciated here, so whenever you are ready to "come back," we all love you and hold no grudges.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Ariadne

Thank you all. I honestly didn't expect that reaction. I think I can guarantee that I will come back I just need a little time.

Love you all.

AndreaSTL

You're facing the reality of being an orphan, so I think some irritability is understandable. I'm really sorry you have to deal with it and go through such a rough time. I'll be thinking of you, and come back when you're ready. We'll be here, waiting with zills on. :)

Safran

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having difficult times... take care of yourself and we're here if you need positive thoughts! Hugs!

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
So sorry to hear about your mom :( I hope you get to spend as much time with her as you can before she leaves to join your dad. *hugs*

Ariadne

Thank you.

Mom passed away quietly and peacefully this morning.

I appreciate all your thoughts, prayers, and blessings immensely.