Alwan Min Al Sharq, this time, lyrics

Farasha Hanem

Gotta get off this laptop and get ready for work, but I wanted to ask for some help finding both English and Arabic (phonetic? :confused: ) lyrics to "Sitt Akull," from the CD "Alwan Min Al Sharq" (YES, MY CD CAME IN THIS MORNING!!! :D:D:dance::dance: ). I would very much appreciate it, because my own fruitless search on the Internet gave me nothing. Thank you in advance! :D

Farasha Hanem

The artist is credited as Bassam Ayoub, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), although it sounds like a chorus group singing. The actual song I'm looking for is "Sitt Akull" from the CD, "Alwan Min Al Sharq, vol. 1" (my apologies for not making it clear in my first post). It's a two-disc CD set that's very hard to come by, and very expensive to order (there are only 2 online sites I know of that sell it). Rania (can't remember her last name), formerly with the Bellydance Superstars, does a performance to "Sitt Akull" on her "Too Hip" bellydance instructional DVD. Not too sure if I still have the sample clip on my YouTube channel, I'll check and see...

EDIT: I do still have the clip on my YouTube channel:

Only problem is that the YouTube video converter I'd used to post this clip did not get the whole song. -_- The song is more than 5 minutes long, easy. It only caught the end of her performance, so you don't get to hear the beginning of the song. :(

Last edited:

Soul King

the problem's some times in Egypt they do not keep the old songs & all

old arabic songs some times very rare & hard to find like your song for example,

I'm an arabic I post the words in arabic in google arabia & youtube could not

find it cause some times the meaning some times different in arabic

but if I find something I'll post here

I searched for Bassam Ayoub could find him in arabic either & that's so wired

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Thank you very much for trying, Soul King, I appreciate it. If I ever find the whole song online, I'll post a link here. :)