2021 Worldwide Weather

Shanazel

It got down to 56 last nite...

All things are relative, aren't they? When it gets up to fifty here, we leave the coats inside, talk about spring, and go work in the yard to enjoy the warm weather.

Currents steady winds about 35-40 mph with higher gusts. Just business as usual here at the foot of the mountain. We get higher winds up here than the folks down in the river valley do. If I ever named our place, "Flying Fence Acres" would be in the running as a choice.

Suzanne Azhaar

Thoroughly enjoyed bike riding by the river for about forty five minutes. Glorious sun, scenic views (ducks, geese, heron, crane), and wind on the face. Then the wind grew stronger and colder. That forty five minutes back wasn't near as fun. 🤪

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
All things are relative, aren't they? When it gets up to fifty here, we leave the coats inside, talk about spring, and go work in the yard to enjoy the warm weather.

Currents steady winds about 35-40 mph with higher gusts. Just business as usual here at the foot of the mountain. We get higher winds up here than the folks down in the river valley do. If I ever named our place, "Flying Fence Acres" would be in the running as a choice.
It seems that 55 here feels like 35 did in California. Don't know why...

My parents lived in Massina, NY before I was born. My mother said that when the temperature got UP to zero, windows were opened, short sleeves came out, etc, etc. Dunno how much of that's true, but it makes a good story. She'd get mad because the weather in Fairbanks was warmer much of the time!

Shanazel

Florida is wetter than California, and something about humidity just drives the cold in hard. Temperatures in the sixties predicted for today through Tuesday. Snow Wednesday. Springtime in the Rockies. Took a tour of the garden yesterday. Found a few (very few) tiny blades of green grass but no emerging bulbs. :( The bitter cold we had in February probably convinced them to sleep a little longer this year. No daffodils for my birthday this year except the ones I might get to see in Arkansas.

Daimona

The wind warnings we had yesterday were cancelled during the night.
App. 0C today, partly cloudy and partly sunny. Not a wind gust in sight were I spent the day outside in the glittering, fresh snow. A beautiful day.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
We went to an outdoor street faire today - the wind destroyed my hair in about 5 seconds...

Shanazel

Currently 36 degrees and no wind to speak of- perhaps a gentle stirring of the air. High of 67 degrees predicted for this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon. Winter storm watch for tomorrow night.

Greek Bonfire

It seems that 55 here feels like 35 did in California. Don't know why...

My parents lived in Massina, NY before I was born. My mother said that when the temperature got UP to zero, windows were opened, short sleeves came out, etc, etc. Dunno how much of that's true, but it makes a good story. She'd get mad because the weather in Fairbanks was warmer much of the time!

56 is old in Florida. . .Today it will be in the sixties. Hopefully, the rest of the snow will melt.

Shanazel

26 degrees. Foot or more of snow on the ground. 20 mph wind. Schools and museum are closed for the day. I am very glad I emailed my newsletter articles to myself last week so I can work from home, because no workey no money.

Daimona

It snowed this morning. In March. In the desert.

Snow.

Snow in March isn't that bad - try some in June or July when it is supposed to be summer...

Today we had early spring: app. 5C and sunny, and the sound of melting snow in the creeks and from the rooftops. I even skipped my jacket during the hike today.

My local dance club have announced a digital hafla later this spring (nothing much happened the past year) . I'm considering submitting a video, just have to check with the other ladies in the group first.

Shanazel

We're waiting on what is supposed to be the storm of the century, at least in the southeastern part of the state. Sigh. I hope Earl the Wyoming Weather God gets it out of his system by Sunday night or early Monday morning since I need to drive through that part of the country on Wednesday. Actually, I think Earl has gone on permanent sabbatical to Daimona's land and Sven, once weather god of the northernmost reaches of Norway, is here to stay.

Daimona

Still late winter/early spring here. Sunny and getting warmer.

We had some heavy winds and heavy snow earlier this week. Just got a message from our cabin neighbours that they had removed some snow cornices from our cabin roof today. ❤ my neighbours .

Shanazel

There is a chest-high snowdrift across my front walkway and snow is still falling. My husband says he thinks he can drive our daughter-in-law to the pavement so she can get to work at the ER, but I'm not going anywhere unless I have to. She stayed with us last night since the ranch house is snowed in well and good. Have two new calves born the day before all this started. Grandson is snowed in at his best bud's house. My poor dog had to leap through snow as deep as she is tall for her potty break this morning; husband has since shoveled a path the the dog yard for her. She's a Swedish Valhund and has the coat for the snow, but her legs are short. She was ready to come back in.

Greek Bonfire

Snow in March isn't that bad - try some in June or July when it is supposed to be summer...

Today we had early spring: app. 5C and sunny, and the sound of melting snow in the creeks and from the rooftops. I even skipped my jacket during the hike today.

My local dance club have announced a digital hafla later this spring (nothing much happened the past year) . I'm considering submitting a video, just have to check with the other ladies in the group first.

Let us know if there's a link to watch the video.