Which instructional DVDs/Videos do you have? (2012 Version)

Jane

What a very detailed and useful review! Thank you very much, I'm going to purchase it tonight :dance:

Ahava_Melantha

I think I'm gonna list my dance workouts now - hehe - uh oh

Petite Jamilas 2 veils dvd
Aradia's Oriental Dance
Aziza's Ultimate BD Practice Companion
Belly Dance Show Basics
Baladi by Ranya Renee
Ballet for Belly Dancers
BD Basics and Beyone with Jenna
Bozenka's Shimmy
Combination Nation # 2
Delicious Pauses by Rosa Noreen
Fahtiem's Hands and Arms
Heartbeat of BD by Jenna
How to Finger Cymbols
Keti Sharif's 1001 Belly Dance Moves
the next level by Jenna
Egyptian Technique 1 by Shereen el Safy
Shimmy Workout by Sarah Skinner
Shunyata Encore Project
Sultry Sadie
Totally Turkish
Turkish BD
Turn it Up
Ulitimate combinations 1 & 2
Vashti's Gypsy Passion
and . . . . Leilas Beginner Egyptian is to be sent soon by amazon (happy dance, happy dance)

Darshiva

I don't really do anything extra on top of my bellydance.

I walk everywhere in town (because it's 30 minutes across from widest point to widest point) and teach two classes a week. So the only "extra" I do is a couple of hours or practice teaching each week and my own personal practice time.

Jane

I can't use dance as a workout anymore. If I tried, it would have to be for a very long time at a high intensity. I don't own any workout style belly dance videos. I do other physical stuff and change it up frequently.

Ahava_Melantha

I forgot to add

Neena and Veena Basic Dance
Rachel Brice's Arm workout
Suhaila's Belly Dace Jazz Fusion Workout

and Sharon Kihara's Tribal Fusion

I'm a few days... ok, almost two weeks late, but with Mosaic's approval I'm starting a new thread for instructional dvds/videos.

Here's my in-dire-need-of-culling collection :redface: :

(Actually, there are at least two WDNY videos missing, my mother has them ;).)

I probably have enough videos to do a different one every day for a month, however, what usually happens is I pick one or two and work them to death. :lol:

Current rotation (time permitting :rolleyes:):
  • Shape Up and Hip Out (Jillina, workout)
  • Belly by Sandra Vol. 2 (technique/drilling)
  • Bellydance Egyptian Style, The Baladi (Ranya Renee, technique/lecture)
  • Instructional Bellydance with Jillina Vol. 1 (choreography)

ETA: ...aaaand I just realized I carried over the typo in the title :lol:

That just put my tiny collection to shame! I have Ruby's floor work DVD, Rachel Brice's Serpentine and arms DVDs and I have Sadie's Complete Bellydance DVD I'm not sure what other DVD to get next. I don't like fusion bellydance really so I think I will stick with more from Sadie. I've had instruction outside of the DVDs too but DVDs are convenient.

Daimona

And just a reminder for those of you with fewer DVDs, it isn't really the quantity of the videos you have, but the quality of the ones you've got and how you work with them that counts. A lot of great DVDs on your book shelf doesn't improve your dancing unless you actually use them actively.. :)

Darshiva

I've got a lot of dodgy ones in my collection (yes, this is where I spend my bellydancing dollar) but there's always a use for every dvd - even if it's just a drinking game.

For me personally, the big benefit of my library is that I share it. It's my own personal collection, but I make it available to my students as well.

UrbanSonge

Most of these are rarely used or viewed only once. I've procrastinated long enough putting this list together so here goes:

These DVDs come in the original case:

1. Pops, Locks & Shimmies with Sadie and Kaya
2. Pops, Locks & Shimmies with Sadie and Kaya 2
3. Contemporary Belly Dance and Yoga Conditioning with Ariellah
4. Lock, Roll & Flutter with Suzanna Del Vecchio
5. Hip-notic Belly Dance with Kaya
6. 5-Layers from the Group Up with Nadia

The following are without the original case as I placed them in a DVD folder to save space

1. Bellydance for Beginners with Suhaila – Fitness Fusion Jazz
2. Instructional Bellydance with Jillina – Level 3 (this doesn’t seem to work on all players but I have had no problem with my current (and new) Phillips DVD player and my computer)
3. Thrillin’ Drillin’ with Sadie
4. Abs-olutely Fabulous with Princess Farhana

I have more DVD titles in Australia but I am currently in Asia. However, I will be returning to Sydney next month so will add to the list.
In addition to the above, I have a few non-bellydance DVDs that might be of interest (all without the original covers however – not sure if I kept them in Sydney though so will check):

1. Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout for Beginners – Hula Abs & Buns
2. Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout for Beginners – Tahitian Hip Hop
3. Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout for Beginners – Tahitian Cardio
4. Bollywood Workout with Honey Kalaria
5. Ballet Conditioning

Back home in Sydney I have Neena & Veena’s collection and another 3-DVD collection of a well-known Am-Cab dancer whose name escapes me right now.

Hi,

May I ask - how do you like the 'Lock, Roll & Flutter with Suzanna Del Vecchio' dvd? Is it done comprehensively...? The title sounds great, but unfamiliar w/ Del Vecchio :)

Farasha Hanem

I probably listed my collection in the first thread, but I've added since:

Bellydance Basics with Taaj
Bellydance Fitness For Beginners with Neena and Veena Badasha
Bellydance - Too Hip with Rania
Bellydance Fitness Fusion Pilates with Suhaila
Bellydance Fitness Fusion Yoga with Suhaila
My Personal Trainer Bellydance Fitness with Rania
Daily Quickies 10 Minute Workouts
Discover Bellydance Beyond Basic Dance with Neena and Veena
Discover Bellydance Mystic Dance with Neena and Veena
Discover Bellydance My Personal Trainer with Rania
Bellydance Core Conditioning with Neena and Veena
Bellydance With Veil by Sarah Skinner
Bellydancing - Balance with Amira Mor
"Goddess" Workout with Dolphina
Sadie's Complete Bellydance Guide
Bellydance Aerobic Workout with Rania (GOOD GRIEF, how many fitness vids do I have???? @___@ )
Instructional Bellydance with Jillina vol. 1 (I'm missing vol. 2. :( )
Instructional Bellydance with Jillina vol. 3
Shape Up And Hip Out! with Jillina
Secrets Of The Stage
Bellydance With Michelle - Pop, Lock, and Shimmy
Hot Combinations with Ansuya
(I also have her zill DVD, but it must be in my laptop atm... >.> <.< >.> )
Jillina Drum Solo
21 Shimmies and 1001 Variations with Leyla Jouvanna
Ultimate Combos 1
Ultimate Combos 2
Dynamic Combos-Travelling In Style with Eva Fleming
The Art Of The Drum Solo with Sonia and Issam
Bellydance Arms And Posture with Rachel Brice
Bellydance - East Coast Tribal
Killer Drillz with Zoe Jakes
Serpentine with Rachel Brice
Tribal Fusion Bellydance with Rachel Brice
Tribal Fusion Bellydance with Sharon Kihara
Tribal Fusion Fundamentals

Makeda Maysa

I've decreased my instructional DVD collection significantly. Now there are only a few Cheeky Girl DVDs and Ranya Renee's DVDs. Lately, I've been immersing myself in Ranya's DVDs all over again and reminding myself of how juicy they are in content and fun. I feel like I could work with those forever.

Amanda (was Aziyade)

If anybody wants to reduce their stash of old VHS tapes, please message me. I'm trying to replace a bunch of them, and the dvd versions don't work!! Grr.

Greek Bonfire

Oh wow - old thread but a good one! I still have all my TONS of dvds and, especially during shutdown/shelter-in-place, I've had time to revisit them!

LibraRaqs

Oh wow - old thread but a good one! I still have all my TONS of dvds and, especially during shutdown/shelter-in-place, I've had time to revisit them!

I still have all of mine. I began dancing with DVDs long before I went to my first class, so in the new lockdown era, it's like old times. Neena and Veena's Bellydance three-vol. DVD's, Dolphina's Goddess Dance (3 DVD set), and a random find by a "Leila" that is actually terrific. And a Rachel Brice dance/yoga combo that I don't use very often.