Welcome to the 2012 advent calender!

Darshiva

And now we hit upon the reason we came to Shepp - FOOD! Seriously though, these guys are fantastic and they do a great turkish tea (the brewed, super-sweet kind that will stun a donkey. And yes, that is how I ordered it!)

And now, introducing the marvellous hubby. Apologies for the blurries. Those of you who know him (no invoking of his name please!) will no doubt be amused to note that yes, he is wearing one of my shirts as usual!

My tea arrived! But they misheard my order and gave me two. Oh well, more for me!

Our delicious pides. Unfortuntately we'd already nommed before I realised this was a pictorial-type outing and whipped out the camera.

Around the region there are a wide variety of painted fibreglass cows. I am bovinophobic. It took a lot of nerve to stand near enough to the cows to take these photos, let alone to pose with one. And in an amusing side note, my sister LOVES all things bovine. Let me tell you how much fun it is to shop for her. NOT!

To be continued...

Last edited:

Darshiva

And with that we begin our journey home.

Thankfully, this is the last of the fibreglass cows on our journey home.

To be continued...

Darshiva

More homegoing shennanigans.

The big cherry. Apparently they were required to remove their big fibreglass cherry as it was too big a distraction. It was as big as the sign that replaced it. If you look carefully in the second pic, you can see it in its new location.

To be continued...

Darshiva

The final stretch. Involves farms, more farms, bad roadworks and an irrigation channel. The irrigation channel drove me crazy all day. I take them for granted because, well, they're everywhere. But do you think I could take a decent picture of one? Finally got the very last one before home!

And now we're done!​

Shanazel

Great tour of your homeland, Darshiva. Except for some notable differences in vegetation it looks a lot like Nebraska.

Got home from the ranch a little while ago in time to say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

AndreaSTL

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I've not been online much so I missed posting individual responses, but I loved the calendar! It's fun and interesting to see all the different contributions.