Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

Shanazel

Surely it was only constructed for photo ops. How on earth would one dance in it without dislodging some essential part? We generally play, "How can this costume be saved?" but for the life of me, I can't come up with any ideas beyond "start all over."

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Surely it was only constructed for photo ops. How on earth would one dance in it without dislodging some essential part? We generally play, "How can this costume be saved?" but for the life of me, I can't come up with any ideas beyond "start all over."
Reminds me of a comedy skit by Rita Rudner who was looking at some horrid dress in a store. The sales lady told her that "it would look so much better on..." - Rita's response: "On? On what? On fire?"

Greek Bonfire

I came upon this one today and all I could think of was how the colors and pattern were pretty but the actual design is really tacky.

Attachments

• Almost Blue.jpg
    Almost Blue.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 13

Shanazel

It is entitled "Almost Blue." Could also be called, "Almost There." The concept of costumes enhancing the dance got lost somewhere along the way in favor of costumes enhancing the dancer. It is possible to do both.

Greek Bonfire

It is entitled "Almost Blue." Could also be called, "Almost There." The concept of costumes enhancing the dance got lost somewhere along the way in favor of costumes enhancing the dancer. It is possible to do both.

Almost There is perfect. Why are they always messing up a perfectly designed costume for bellydancing? And the ones that look like drapes with flowers on them are more suited to Polynesian. I feel like they got that style from the thrift shop or a garage sale.