The Orientaldancer.net Dictionary

Amulya

Was there a word like 'shimmy wonder' or 'shimmy queen'? I can't remember what it exactly was but it meant someone who only shimmies because they can't do anything else or because they think that will wow the audience.

Munniko

I feel like there needs to be a word for students obsessed with looking at themselves in the mirror....not the good way of "oh checking my form" but the "OMG I'M SO HAWT" kind of way. I was in class and another girl wasn't paying attention and when she didn't know what was happening she said "I'm sorry I was looking at myself in the mirror and stopped paying attention, it is hard for me to concentrate in your class because I can't help but look at myself in the mirror."

Darshiva

I feel like there needs to be a word for students obsessed with looking at themselves in the mirror....not the good way of "oh checking my form" but the "OMG I'M SO HAWT" kind of way. I was in class and another girl wasn't paying attention and when she didn't know what was happening she said "I'm sorry I was looking at myself in the mirror and stopped paying attention, it is hard for me to concentrate in your class because I can't help but look at myself in the mirror."
"Then turn around and face the wall."

Let's just say I've had similar complaints about the mirror being a classroom distraction. Nobody wants to be singled out by turning around so they usually shut up & start concentrating, but I have had a couple of students who have found it a relief to turn around and compose themselves.

Last edited:

Amulya

Diamanté diarrhoea for a diamanté sparkle part. Coined by Roshanna

Last edited:

Roshanna

Diamanté diarrhoea for a diamanté sparkle part. Coined by Shoshanna
Roshanna :)
(I wouldn't want to miss out on taking the credit for this term, obviously!)

I think the other difference between a sparkle fart and diamanté diarrhoea is that a sparklefart looks more 'explosiony', whereas the diamanté diarrhoea is more of a drip or cascade and has dangly bits. And the one which made me think of the term also has a sort of ring bit that all the dangly bits are coming out of :shok:

Amulya

Franken costume for a costume that seems to be assembled out of parts from different costumes. By AndreaSTL

Daimona

Leg lasso - A fancy jeweled garter belt to hold up non-existent stockings, usually worn in rather high splits from the belt on the skirt.
Source: Shems and Shanazel

Shems

I thought I add just a couple from my lil' circle of dance friends.

Duplitrouping - where a dancer participates in two dance troupes at the same time

Triplitrouping - is when they are in three troupes...we didn't really find cause to go beyond that number

Tits McGee - has a general usage meaning of a full-bosomed woman, but in the context of belly dance it is the dancer who uses said assets to secure dance gigs in a less than reputable manner.