Skin Problems

Babylonia

You can wear a body stocking. They will cover you as well as hold you in. Try sugarpetals.com :)

Last edited:

TribalDancer

I do nothing different, personally.

We are the ones who will help show the world that a woman's body is a thing of beauty, in all its shapes, sizes, colors, and "details". Admittedly, sometimes I wear a body stocking to cut down on the jiggle for a particularly bouncy routine, or to make a costume fit better. But I make a conscious effort to show my body in its (mostly ;) natural glory whenever I can to show that strength, grace, power, and beauty comes in many packages.

Just for the record, I don't disparage anybody who feels differently and wants to cover up. You should do what makes you comfortable. For me, I feel like this is one small way in which I can make other women feel better about their bodies, and realize their own beauty is there for them to share with the world, too.

You Go Girl! Sister Tribal Dancer!. It is after all a Hollywood fantasy that projects the idea that all dancers must reveal their tummy.

Starrburst, another suggestion is to wear a one piece outfit, such as Beledi dress or a galabeya. When women danced for each other, they wore everyday clothing. This is another approach.
Yasmine

sedoniaraqs

I second the body stocking recommendation. You can get them or dye them to match either your costume or your skin tone. I wear a very light skin tone one and most of the time no one even knows I'm weareing it, it just smooths out my natural skin tone and cuts down the jiggle a little bit. It is like stage makeup for the body.

Sedonia