Sadie and Kaya in an "erotic" music video....

Greek Bonfire

When you are hired for a job, don't know the specs yet, you probably would do what you are asked unless it's something really repulsive and illegal to ask for. I've only been here less than a week and the main thing that is surprising me is that in a belly dance forum, there has to be a great number of exotic dancers. That was the reason the dance was originally created for. It shouldn't be a surprise to see belly dance used in this way.

I would like to be conservative because it's my taste. I just think the exotic ethnic styles are really cool, I'm not trying ever to be a professional, but if I were, if I took a job and started demanding what I could do or what I couldn't do, they would send me on my way. What things look like after production, directing, and arrangment can be totally unexpected from what you thought you were doing. I'll bet the whole shoot didn't last but 2 or 3 hours, mostly in dress up.

Don't forget these are younger woman, don't know if they are married, but if they are single, fancy free, an offer like this would be nothing but fun and travel paid for. They probably go home and listen to that kind of music, I think maybe people are reading too much into it.

I'm going to take into account that you are a newbie but this is totally unacceptable. We have been striving for years to set the world straight on what bellydancing really is and that it is definitely not this sleazy stuff nor is it ever PC to do this.

Well, please ignore me. I thought to add you to the ignore list because it's you who are being unrealistic. I am no troll, but on a belly dance forum, I have never seen snobs before, although I have never been on one. I guess you think your going to meet with the Queen of England next week, too.

I suspected the thread about Sadie to me moved here because it's a troll thread right from the beginning. I saw it wasn't. Why waste valuable space to insult one of the most popular belly dancers in this era? Constructively commenting on her would be one thing, and some did, but high balling, snubbing like you were better is another. None of you could compare I'm willing to bet, although I don't bet, just a saying.

I'm modern, liked the song they danced to in this video. I listen to rap, heavy metal, country, rock, what ever I want, and I don't expect people who listen to belly dance drum beats to have a clue of what's popular. Even at my age, being humble and shy for my age, I don't know anyone who wouldn't prefer to see this video to some of those outdated ones playing the same old instrumentals you think everyone dances to.

If you think the public would like yours better than theirs, you got another thing coming. I don't like being called a troll, and if you can control who's on this forum by a rant like that, this can't be much competition for true belly dancers. You can all sit around and call yourselves great, but can't even compare to youtubers who've never taken a class.

I'm not wasting my time with this thread, didn't create any of these threads you say I'm trolling. Explain this, you say I'm a troll for disagreeing that Sadie is a bad dancer, but you are not a troll for baiting an argument in on insulting a well respected dancer whom I like to see perform even if it's just on youtube. Do I follow your favorite dancers around, trashing their every dance like they were a joke? No, I don't. You've got the troll tag backwards. Wear it yourselves.

The only time I plan to show back up to this thread is play that song again!! You wish you were them.

lizaj

Well, please ignore me. I thought to add you to the ignore list because it's you who are being unrealistic. I am no troll, but on a belly dance forum, I have never seen snobs before, although I have never been on one. I guess you think your going to meet with the Queen of England next week, too.

I suspected the thread about Sadie to me moved here because it's a troll thread right from the beginning. I saw it wasn't. Why waste valuable space to insult one of the most popular belly dancers in this era? Constructively commenting on her would be one thing, and some did, but high balling, snubbing like you were better is another. None of you could compare I'm willing to bet, although I don't bet, just a saying.

I'm modern, liked the song they danced to in this video. I listen to rap, heavy metal, country, rock, what ever I want, and I don't expect people who listen to belly dance drum beats to have a clue of what's popular. Even at my age, being humble and shy for my age, I don't know anyone who wouldn't prefer to see this video to some of those outdated ones playing the same old instrumentals you think everyone dances to.

If you think the public would like yours better than theirs, you got another thing coming. I don't like being called a troll, and if you can control who's on this forum by a rant like that, this can't be much competition for true belly dancers. You can all sit around and call yourselves great, but can't even compare to youtubers who've never taken a class.

I'm not wasting my time with this thread, didn't create any of these threads you say I'm trolling. Explain this, you say I'm a troll for disagreeing that Sadie is a bad dancer, but you are not a troll for baiting an argument in on insulting a well respected dancer whom I like to see perform even if it's just on youtube. Do I follow your favorite dancers around, trashing their every dance like they were a joke? No, I don't. You've got the troll tag backwards. Wear it yourselves.

The only time I plan to show back up to this thread is play that song again!! You wish you were them.

Well written SW, this is a much better attempt at using correct spelling and grammar. You argue well if rather naively at times though your discussion on trolls shows a lack of proper research and understanding. Just recently I was awarding you Ds and this is deserving a B-

Greek Bonfire

I'm not calling you anything, sicilianwillow, but I do disagree with a lot of things you say, simply because I have thought as you had when I first started studying ME dancing. In the years since, I have acquired a lot of knowledge, mostly from others here and on other sites, classrooms and workshops, who have been studying it for decades. They have credentials that can be backed up, and that is a lot more than just my assumption or my opinion or "what I've heard." Go ahead and add me to your ignore list - it's pretty long anyway, so what's one more?

Afrit

If you think the public would like yours better than theirs, you got another thing coming.
Duh - you don't dance samba to country music do you? Flamenco to rap? No, they have there own musics. Belly dance has its own music. Guess what? It is Middle Eastern. You can dance all you like to rap, heavy metal, country, or rock - but at best the result would be fusion not belly dance. (And if you get past the old ATS video you are using you'd find a rich and varied mix of Middle Eastern music)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
...aaaand if you're missing the fun and drama... try Bhuz! (same username! :confused: :doh:)

I give it a week or so before it kicks off.

She posted in the Sadie thread there, and complained about us, but didn't actually name the forum, but she hasn't received any further comments to her post
~Mosaic

lizaj

What I wonder about trolls why they don't do it better..they'd have much more fun lasting longer before discovery. Silly Willow.for instance does she not think folks might belong to both forum..I love her comment about "She didn't realise zills were made of anything other than metal" when someone mentioned her Turquoise zills!:D Now she is either a real newbie, a bit dim or winding it up so someone can be "mean to her"!

Greek Bonfire

A six week wonder on a head trip. Yes, I wonder why she puts herself in that position to "make people be mean to her" if you know what I mean. I just wonder what possessed her into thinking she could come to a forum knowing more than others who have been here for years. I think she must think there is not too much to "this bellydance thing."

jellytree

Kaya and sadie

Hmmmm.... I watched it without the sound on (no earphones) and it looks like every other booty shaking rap video out there. I agree to each their own but it's not something I believe to be breaking that stereotype of what the majority of the western world thinks is bellydancing. It's almost reenforcing that stereotype, in my opinion.

And rap is just not music. I apologize to those who do like it but as for me (being a singer/musician also), it's just the worst in my opinion.

charlieL

I am surprised to those members here that are surprised with Sadie and Kaya doing this. This is not the first time they do this kinf of "erotic" dance.