Real Housewives of NY belly dancing

Belly Love

So, I don't know if any of you are into the Real Housewives shows, but I am and am very interested in seeing the next episode of NY because they go to Morocco and try belly dancing!

I'm so curious to see how it plays out :)

Just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone wants to see it... I don't know if they have the episodes online ;)

Taslin

I dvr'd it for the exact reason. i saw ramona? in her baby blue sparkly costume and was like ive GOT to see that. Unfortunately...i didnt see that part. I turned it off and erased it from my recorded channels. The attitudes of the women had me steaming mad, and morocco is my next destination that im dreaming of visiting. Gawd the tones and language were so demeaning in regards to how they veiwed Morocco and the people, and the staff...im off on a tangent. But yeah, that's why i didnt make it through to the end of the show.

But i second bellylove. i hope someone sucked it up and watched to the end, cuz i wanna know how they cut it!

Greek Bonfire

I dvr'd it for the exact reason. i saw ramona? in her baby blue sparkly costume and was like ive GOT to see that. Unfortunately...i didnt see that part. I turned it off and erased it from my recorded channels. The attitudes of the women had me steaming mad, and morocco is my next destination that im dreaming of visiting. Gawd the tones and language were so demeaning in regards to how they veiwed Morocco and the people, and the staff...im off on a tangent. But yeah, that's why i didnt make it through to the end of the show.

But i second bellylove. i hope someone sucked it up and watched to the end, cuz i wanna know how they cut it!

Not having watched it but based on the above information, I wouldn't be surprised if they demeaned the dance entirely, since it sounds like their main goal is to demoralize bellydancing and the countries it descended from.

lexiconlush

I'll bite the bullet and watch it all the way through. I should have the post about it tomorrow.

Belly Love

There were definitely tactless moments, to say the least...

It was to be continued, so no belly dancing until the next episode.

I really want to go to Morocco now.

lexiconlush

It was bad...I wonder how well they are going to take instruction, especially since some of them weren't following directions when the designer was there.

lexiconlush

I swear, Bravo waited to show the dancers until the last show on purpose...
They first showed the housewives at a restaurant with the dancers entertaining the crowd with fire props. I didn't like the way Ramona seemed to treat the like one would treat a stripper. It seemed like the other women were embarrassed by her behavior. Bravo posted a clip of them during their belly dance lesson. I'll let it speak for itself:dancer

Suzanne Azhaar

How to suck the fun out of traveling to Morrocco? :think: Invite five self absorbed wealthy (?) women loudly discussing physique versus an honest attempt to learn. Not a show I will watch.

Aniseteph

I wasn't able to watch the posted clip, but if it's the same one I found on YouTube - wow, is there an official code somewhere of how to cover belly dance on TV shows?

<consults clipboard>

"Comment about needing a belly to belly dance? Check
Remarks about shaking it? Check
Comments about how husbands and boyfriends will react? Check
Remarks about boobs (under/over endowed as applicable)? Check

Well, I think we've covered all the main points here. Apparently we are excused the one about finding some hapless bloke to join in on account of being all girls together. What's next?"

I know there's only so much that happens when General Public Meets Belly Dance, but... this is soooo boring. I would go look for a sleeping smiley but I can't be bothered. Yawn.

<Goes off to annoy neighbours with sagat practice>

Greek Bonfire

As an aside, has the movie with Sienna Miller becoming a bellydancer come out yet? I am waiting to see how they mess this one up about us.

Aniseteph

I think it's supposed to be shooting about now.

Looking on the bright side, if it does well it might be good for class numbers. Sort of do for belly dance what Black Swan did for ballet. (ummm, yeah, not quite sure what that was exactly... but hey, free publicity! get your class on local TV while they go looking for Sienna Miller lookylikeys <snort, good luck with that> and try to fight the tired old cliches as best you can.)

Bellydance could even become the new Zumba!!! :rolleyes:

OTOH if it's really pants it might be funny. I live in hope. ;)