Pandemic Joint Pain

Greek Bonfire

Well here's something interesting. I was dancing and practicing much less since the 2020 shutdown which, during that time, I started feeling a lot more joint and muscle pain. I thought I was just "getting older" until the last few months, when I started getting more gigs and performing online, I had to practice more. I have to stay that due to increasing movement of dance moves, my muscle and joint pain have been reduced significantly. I guess to stay fit, I will have to do dance moves for the rest of my life in order to stay ahead of the pain! I did remain active in other ways during the pandemic and shutdown but it just wasn't doing the trick. Has anyone else experienced this?

Shanazel

Alas, I did not. Dancing made my joint pain significantly worse. At first, I was generally OK during class, but by the time I drove home, I was in bad enough shape that it took a heavy hand on the railing to pull myself into the house. Gradually was not okay during class. I quit dancing but could still stand and holler at my students. ;) Joints finally drove me to retire. Muscles, alas, did much better with dance and have deteriorated without it. When I quit ballet, I experienced a lot of muscle pain, I suppose due to muscles contracting after being so hyper-limber for so many years.

Suzanne Azhaar

Twelve hours of working on Halloween decorations yesterday (another round expected today). Last minute run to the store, hubby and I were laughing over how much we hurt and how we were walking like old people. Cancelled going to a concert we paid big bucks for (oh well). Been up since 4 a.m. washing grandchildren Hogwarts robes (from last year); still hurting. Just have to make it through Sunday and we can sleep in Monday.

Suzanne Azhaar

Super fun for the kids. I tried to physically do hopscotch, but hopping on one foot wasn't happening. :ROFLMAO: Grandkids enjoyed showing me how it was done.

Shanazel

Yeah, me, too. Hopping at this point in my life is just a memory. My head thinks, "You can do this!" My body laughs and says, "Says who?" Slept on an air mattress on the floor at my daughter's place last night. Took a while to get up and get moving. Need to remember to put an extra layer between me and all that air tonight. I don't think I'd be this stiff had I not gotten so cold.

Suzanne Azhaar

HOPSCOTCH!! I used to love that and Chinese jump rope too!
Jacks, chinese jump rope, hopscotch, they were all super fun. Bit of a shock learning I can't do it, when there's clear memories of what I could do as a kid. (On the flip side, also recall winning All Around (gymnastics) as a kid, but I'd break a hip trying those moves now. :ROFLMAO: )