Nice to be here :)

Snakehipsvicky

Hi everyone, many years ago I taught belly dance. I won some awards. I was Miss Bellydance UK Fusion Soloist 2012. Then I really fell out of love with it. My body ached Out of nowhere I found I couldn't stand the music any more. I've no idea where it came from. But suddenly I find myself dancing every day again and feeling really in love with being a part of the community again. It's been this way for while now. I'm having such a great time. I feel I'm here to stay! I look forward to getting to know you all more and swapping tips and knowledge etc.

Snakehipsvicky

Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the dance! What style(s) do you like?
Thank you. I love fusion and a little cabaret. My favourite dancers are Olga Meos, Rachel Brice and Zoe Jakes. Recently I've been dancing to folk and classical. Sometimes I like to dance to trap. How about you?

Shanazel

Dance to trap? Am I showing my age again by not having a clue as to what this means?

Welcome to OD, Vicky. Happy to have you here!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Thank you. I love fusion and a little cabaret. My favourite dancers are Olga Meos, Rachel Brice and Zoe Jakes. Recently I've been dancing to folk and classical. Sometimes I like to dance to trap. How about you?
I consider American Cabaret to be my primary style, although I was in a "Goth-Tribal fusion" group/class for a several years, and I also was the first, last, and only male to ever be inducted into a well known Folkloric troupe and was in it for about a decade before I moved away - and the troupe disbanded/leader retired the next year which was a shame because they'd been around since at least the 90s, maybe earlier.

Funny story peripherally related to Rachel Brice: Fairly early in my dance career, I was performing in a major festival. Walked up to the performer's entrance, and the gal there said "You must be Zorba!". To this day, I don't know where I got this, but I responded "No, actually I'm Rachel Brice, but I'm having a REALLY bad hair day!". I didn't think this gal would every stop laughing!