Name something you bought this week!

Farasha Hanem

I just bought a brand new bedlah with a secondhand bra thrown in. I am feeling pretty awesome right now.

Oh gods, where am I going to PUT them?!

>.>;;;; Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

xD :lol:

I bought some GORGEOUS yellow fabric that has vertical fluttery-things all across. I want to make a Carribean-type bellydance skirt and name it Cassandra! :D

Last edited:

Darshiva

I might actually start posting things like that here :lol::lol::lol:

Darshiva, got pictures of the new costume?

Pics are on facebook now. The thrown-in bra may only be useful as an object lesson (and a bra pattern) but I'm okay with that. I had fun taking it apart today & finding out how Egyptian costume bras work! (pics of that on facebook too!)

Shanazel

A revitalization of an old thread by a spammer but put to good use by Dai. Sucks to lose a computer. I had two crashes in just a day or two under a year. The second computer was still- barely- under warranty.

Today I bought a ninja turtle tee shirt and a snowflake sweater for my grandson and tree ornaments for each of my students.

Jeanne

I bought a bunch of stuff for Christmas presents for the family. Here's one example: a book I'm going to give my sister, titled "How to Make Your Cat an Internet Celebrity."

Shanazel

No, no, no! Reen was adorable and I still miss her. Franco Pinto in post #1146 above is the spammer who reactivated the thread to add his ad for tango shoes.

gisela

Super Moderator
Deleted the spammer and bought some baby stuff :D
Yes, I am having a little one in less that a week (if she wants to pop out when she's supposed to that is)

Shanazel

Oh, mazel tov, Gisela! How wonderful. I wish you a safe and lovely delivery and a happy, healthy baby. I also wish for pictures when Baby arrives. ;)

gisela

Super Moderator
Thank you so much! I wish that for myself as well, haha. I will certainly post some baby pics when she's here.

Shanazel

Oooo, she's a girl. Will you share her name so I can think of her by name instead of just as Gisela's little girl?

gisela

Super Moderator
We don't have a name for her yet. Right now we are trying to make a list of a few names to see which will fit once we see her. After six months of no name you will have to pay a fine, but her father wants her to have a name at least before the new year. Crossing fingers that we will find a good one :)

Shanazel

Wow, now there is a new concept for me: waiting until long after birth to choose a name. :shok: Is this common practice in Denmark? Well, whatever you chose, whenever you choose, it will no doubt be perfect for Baby. Is she your first? (Or am I being too nosy? Sorry if it seems that way. Babies are just so exciting. :dance:)

gisela

Super Moderator
Hmm, I think it's fairly normal to wait a bit. Maybe 50/50? Yep, it's the first. I don't mind your questions at all.

To not go too much off topic I bought MORE baby clothes today. A little bodystocking with lions. It's so cute!
And a sweater for my mom for christmas. I am unsure how much I can manage to go out shopping for (or making) gifts later this month.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Hey, when a spammer brings back a thread that has been silent for three years, we can liven it up any way we choose. ;)

Aniseteph

Ooh, new baby, how exciting, congratulations! IIRC there's no such thing as too many clothes when they are tiny as everything's always in the wash. And yes, you will probably have other things than present shopping/making to do this month. I can highly recommend letting people look after you and sleeping at every opportunity!

Hope it all goes well.

(On topic, I bought a hip wrap thing that has been calling me for a while and had ended up all unloved in a sale bin. It needed rescuing and clearly I was expected to step up to the mark at some point. So, done.)