Looking for a skirt

LuLu

I want to layer a skirt over one I already have. This is the type of skirt Im looking for. I have a full skirt that pretty much covers me up. If you have any ideas let me know.

Thank you :D

LuLu

I dont own a sewing machine nor can I afford to buy one. And I cant find a place to buy a skirt like this.

Daimona

I dont own a sewing machine nor can I afford to buy one. And I cant find a place to buy a skirt like this.

Do you know anyone owing a sewing machine?
If you do, can they lend it to you and/or teach you how to use it?
Or perhaps they can make the skirt for you?

Belly Love

BELLY DANCE 4 PANEL CHIFFON SKIRT

Moondance, Bellydance

These aren't exactly what you're looking for, but you may possibly be able to just buy a regular sheer chiffon skirt and cut out two panels of the fabic up to the elastic (without cutting through the elastic to keep the skirt intact). Since you don't sew, the edges of the material would be raw, but if you do a good job it won't really be noticable.

Shanazel

I dont own a sewing machine nor can I afford to buy one.

You might be surprised by how reasonable an uncomplicated basic machine can be. I've seen perfectly serviceable machines in Hancocks for under $100, not much more than you'd expect to spend on a good skirt. :) It is the best bellydance investment I can imagine.

(I don't mean to be pushing, LuLu, but I can't imagine life without a sewing machine!)

Greek Bonfire

Moondance is good except that their full and circle skirts are usually one size fits all. I have found that for my size this is not true, as there is way too much material. I think a better option would be L. Rose Designs too.

Reen.Blom

Hey, Reenie, where you been keeping yourself? Answer to the question includes costumes, wearable art, and MENDING!

In deepest darkest Africa of course! LOL You should upload some pictures of your wearable art on facebook so that I could sneak a peak!:lol:

Marya

Looking at that site and saw these:
Light Cubes
I want to see someone dance with these.

I have danced with these before and actually it was Saqra that told me about them. The ones on L.Rose designs are pretty expensive. I have found them much cheaper, but sometimes you have to buy a few dozens to get a cheaper price. There are some where you can change the battery and some where you just have to throw them away.

I put them in small glass candle holders and used them in place of candles for an American Style Candle dance for a wedding party. They are a safe substitute for open flames in venues where flames are not allowed.

Marya

goddessyasaman

Have you try'ed Ebay or amazon? what is your spending limit? I know a lot of places online, let me know your price and I will give you some links.