Live music!

Suzanne Azhaar

Invited to perform with a newly formed middle eastern band (in a couple months). Their music is purely classical; requested my costume and dance reflect that. (Adore vintage style costumes; plenty on hand to choose from.) A few practice sessions between now and then; but I'm excited and smiling this morning. Live music!

Last edited:

Shanazel

So, Suzanne, now that we've taken care of the off-topic problem, how about telling us more about your upcoming project? Music? Costume? Special moments for the dance you're planning?

Suzanne Azhaar

Music? Would love Aziza, Lama Bada, and Tamra Henna. Costumes? Vintage Costless with Madame Abla skirt. An Egyptian gold bedlah absolutely needs to be worn. And a baby blue silk brocade with silver coins. (Need to check for completion and fit.) Special moments? Pondering. First practice later this week. Violinist called, "Think postage stamp size stage, with enormous melodrama." Not the first time I've danced in minimal shared space. (Because they're a newly formed band, leaving zills in travel bag. Their drummer is fabulous! Love his work.) So much to do, so little time.

Suzanne Azhaar

Yesterday was the big day. Lovely performing with musicians. (Neat experience.) But! Because of C19, staying isolated at home for a year, and a hubby who is an amazing cook, gained too much weight to fit into my costume collection. (Oops!) Plan B- a friend loaned her vintage beaded green from Mahmoud's shop in Cairo. Still needed a second, so I created one quick. Finished the last armband that morning. Had a lovely time and happy to have been invited. 💃

Attachments

• IMG_9517 (3) - Copy.JPG
    IMG_9517 (3) - Copy.JPG
    352.8 KB · Views: 5

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I LOVE IT!!! That veil needs to be shipped to me! Oh, might as well toss that yummy skirt in the box while you're at it. Hipscarf too - but I'll be generous and let you keep the bra since I don't have the requisite anatomy! :D ;)