Lilla's Bellydancecostumes.com Was My First

Daimona

I checked Michelle's website and she has those photos up in her costumes for sale section (in the sold section).

:think: Another interesting question would be: Do Michelle and the other profiled dancers acknowledged their photos in Lila's photo gallery?

Suzanne Azhaar

The Bella looks fantastic with all the enormous crystals, sequins, beads, rhinestones and of course Michelle Joyce. She makes any outfit like fantastic.

nightdancer

Just a note that the filename on the photo is "www.bellydancecostumes.com/bella-brown-03.JPG". The file name on from the photo on Michelle's site is "a6af10be-1978-4d09-a605-ce463db5ac2d" The file name was changed, meaning that she knows its a Bella.

Wonder if Bella and Michelle would like to know about this.

zena

Just a note that the filename on the photo is "www.bellydancecostumes.com/bella-brown-03.JPG". The file name on from the photo on Michelle's site is "a6af10be-1978-4d09-a605-ce463db5ac2d" The file name was changed, meaning that she knows its a Bella.

Wonder if Bella and Michelle would like to know about this.

The OP had started a thread called Bella vs. Lila. I find it laughable that she is criticizing Bella, but yet on the Lila site a photo of Bella's designs was poached. :rolleyes:

That Bella is beautiful and Michelle does look great in it. I saw another pic on Lila's site that looks like a Pharaonics that I was drooling over.

PracticalDancer

Couple of thoughts:

The pic of Suzanna Del Vecchio on photo gallery page 1 is her "standard stock" portrait she uses on her site. Since she allowed my troupe to use it when we held an event with her several years ago, it appears she has rights to use that image in promoting her work. But, she and the photographer would probably be very interested in its commercial use here.

On Photo gallery page 4 is a photo purporting to be a Playboy cover from November 2007. This looks like a "put yourself on the cover" kind of photo gift, since the actual cover is very different, based on a quick image search. Again, Playboy wold probably be VERY interested that their name is being used to sell costumes.

hmmm . . .

Suzanne Azhaar

The dance detectives have discovered the images of Suzanna Del Vecchio & Michelle Joyce, the work of Bella, Pharonics, and Playboy magazine were potentially purloined for Lila's site without giving proper identification to the individuals or their work. :naghty:

Based on that this site would not be used by myself to order costuming, no matter how well someone else likes it. It has a feel of dishonesty.

lizaj

Oh dear..have we started something. Far from promoting Lila, it seems Danya you have done her no favour or shall we take the Machiavellian view and this is what she intended;)