Keep smiling and keep dancing.

Duvet

That's the motto when the unexpected occurs during a performance.

Whether it be music, costume, audience, weather, prat-falls, passing animals, etc.., please share your moments of gathering your wits (or loosing them) and carrying on regardless.

Last edited:

Daimona

A tiny stage dancing in between monitors, microphones, drums and other instruments. Outdoor performance in December, <5 C and barefoot on wet (and cold) slippery surface. Must have been my "stiffest" and coldest dance performance ever.

Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Even worse are dressing rooms. "Dressing Rooms I Have Known" would be a great book...

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Zorba: C'mon.. you know you want to tell us some of your stories....

How about the 10,465th time the CD player crapped out at the club I danced at. DUH, DUH, DUH, DUH, DUH... it would go. I'd just herk and jerk along with it. After months of putting up with this, we finally went on strike and told the club owner we were DONE until she got us a new player! One appeared post-haste!

Same club: I was NOT there that particular nite, but really wish I had been. Whatever dancer was on stage finished her set, and the gal that usually emceed came up and told the audience, "We're really glad you came, we hope you enjoyed the show, we hope you can come again, but right now I need everyone to exit quietly and orderly through the door behind me and down the staircase outside because the building is. On fire." (!!)

Everyone exited, apparently quietly and orderly. It was a grease fire in the kitchen downstairs, that was long since out by the time the fire dept. got there. As this was on Monterey's "Cannery Row", every fire truck in the area showed up because Cannery Row fires were notorious. The dancer, the drummers, and the musicians were all out on the sidewalk, so pretty quick the drummers and musicians started playing, the dancers started dancing, and the firemen all got a free show!

We won't even discuss a certain dancer who may or may not have danced there (safely) with a lit candelabra balanced on his head. The fire chief would have had kittens if he had found out such a thing had ever actually happened.

Last edited: