International Belly Dance Week

Madeline

Has anyone heard about IAMED’s “International Belly Dance Week”? It sounds just like the bellydance day that was mentioned on this forum! (I prefer to hold it in May, because that’s when my birthday is and therefore I should get lots of bellydance-related presents…:lol: ) Here’s the link: International Belly Dance Week

chryssanthi sahar

It is so sad, that people who have no ideas of their own, copy ideas from others and present them to be theirs:mad: It is very obvious that these women copied our idea, which came into life after long discussion and voting for certain time etc. So I'm completely sure, that it was NOT their idea, because we had such a hard time making out the thing with the second week in May.
But it doesn't matter anyway, because they don't have the instruments to make their "International Belly Dance Week" be really international, so it is going to be just an American Belly Dance Week (if it is going to be at all).
By the way, I've planned an artistic event, a mixture of literature reading and belly dancing in a famous gallery here in Heidelberg at the 12. of May and I have betoned, that it is an event for the World Belly Dance Day;) An actress is going to read short stories, poems and fairy tails written by me (writing is my second love after dancing), which all have to do with dancing and me and some of my best students are going to perform between the readings. I have done several events of that kind for almost 17 years and they are always very successful. I'll tell you more about it, after it takes place;)

Lydia

wel gally wally!!! what to do,it would have been so nice if they would have said ,,what a nice idea let us join in,,!Anyway it,s ok we are gonna have a good time...i just got the go ahead from the main sponsor that i asked so he is giving lovely prices for the day like waches and video camera,s and a airticket to egypt or turkey?? for the raffle coupon that is attached to the register form...you have to help me because i suppose to pick the destination so egypt or turkey? tell me what you would pick..it will be more easy for me what to choose for the winner...plus he gave nice money that i can use to put strait in the charity box and some cash that the girls have to work for on that day like fun things they must do shimmy,s and every completed minute they get 50 dollars and that girl can put it in the box she is choosing ..i will have 3 seperate charity,s that the money go,s to...breast cancer reseach,al noor handicapt school,and the annimal shelter,so even the people that buy the tickets they can choose the charity they want mentioned on the back of the registerform...we will have a dj during the afternoon and have then some competitions like costume designing and a questionair about the uae so even if you are not familiar with bd you can still go home with a nice price...than i have my band coming around 18.00 and we dance and perform till late evening...it will be only for lady,s this year i want to make a good impression with the gouverment so next year i hope i can do a better event...that is my plan for now... o and we will have ofcourse a very posh LOL diner before we go home i still work on some more things i will keep you up to date ....i was thinking for next year that we must have a lifevideo link somehow so that we can see each other that day imagion that!!!!! so we will be all together in a way ....i forgat to ask Dipaly if something is stil happening on that side of the globe??? ok my dear friends class is wayting have a great weekend ...huggy,s Lydia

Madeline

Yes, it would have been much nicer if they joined in! It kind of spoils the spirit of it.

What day is everyone planning to hold it on?

Lydia, what a great idea to donate to charities!

Lydia

hi Madeline...it wil be on the 12th may...it wil be every year on the 2nd saterday in may...do you want to join in?? that wil be nice...you know you can read a lot about what everybody is doiing in this forum just go to this thread....can we have a world bellydance day? and ,,who is in are we ready,,in this 2 thread we al talk about what and howand everybody give,s the money to charity(now if you can not do it where you are you can alway,s come here!!LOL....Take care and have a wunderfull day Lydia

Fatima

I've an idea: Why don't you Lydia, since you're the director of this project, contact Suzy Evans and propose a mutual advertisement arregement? Instead of saying how bad these people are and that they stole our idea, let's join with them for a mutual benefit. We don't know if they actually stole this idea, although I was as surprise as anybody when I received their invitation by e-mail, and when I posted a note on my blog talking about both dates I said it was sad that there'll be two different events. After that I saw the IBDW promotion in a couple of group discussions. They have a logo, an official memo and a webpage which make it easy to know what's going. We can show them that we're ladies by proposing that they promote the International Belly Dance Day in their webpage and during the International BD Day events the IBDW will be promoted. I still think is sad that there'll be two events but I think it's good for the dance that a lot of people want to do international events. Maybe in future years both events can become one.

Lydia

Hi Fatima....o i did not mean to sound like that... i agree with you how more events there are ...how better ..I am just looking so much foreward to it and i would like that more poeple are getting in...and i realy dont know the lady that is organizing it on that side of the globe...but it looks like she has set a date enz...so i geuss who am i to ask her....But honestly i am just joking when i said copy cats.....it,s everybody,s right to do events and perhaps i wil send her a email ..i am not realy a person that is a,, front runner,, live and let live i geuss , the more the mar....how do you say that??
But it is nice from you that you are thinking about that.....o and i think i am not realy the director it was just a idea i hade and luckely there are other dancers that think it is a great idea...but everybody is doing there own thing and putting lots of work in it,i am only doing it in the UAE....Kute nurse where have you been??you did not know?? come on you have to join in!! and Fatima i hope you wil do something aswell??......have a very nice weekend with lots of dancing ...Lydia

Dev

Hi everybody,

I think Fatima has a good idea if we can manage to do the Belly Dance day with other organisations as well on the same day, Anyway we can only do our best.

Dear Lydia
Yes my Plan for world Belly Dance day is still on, I am also trying to manage a Belly Dance show on the same day / evening at a club called the Solbar, one of the most happening places on Sunshine Coast queensland Australia. So there will be two events for me, in the morning i have organized for a group of local belly dancers mabye 8 to 10 to entertain at a local retirement village, its a charity dance event. and in the evening a Belly dance show at the Solbar,(We are talking to a charity at the moment to get their permission to use their name and logo for the day-) I am talking to everybody, Dancers are ready , I am still trying to contact all the media people from Brisbane and the Sunshine coast area, So plenty of things to do, And yes you are the creator of the day and thank you very much for thinking about it.
So who is doing the website, it would be easier to communicate and seek info if we have a website.
all proceeds from both events will be donated to - Sundale and Suncare (I am almost there to get their permission,)
Venue - Sundale day therapy and Theatre . (Sundale retirement Garden, Nambour)
Solbar - Coolum
:: Solbar - The best live music menu on the coast ::
Suncare Community Services - providing care services throughout the Sunshine Coast

Lydia

Hi Dipaly...i am so happy that you are still in! thank you! do you realize that (i think) you are the first one to start? because the timezone.....Yes i think i wil send a email to the lady that is doing the other event,,the thing is she already has a date.. so do we ,and i know for meself there is no way i can change it ...but perhaps for next year ..i dont know but yes i wil ask her and see what she thinks....Than i think that our dear Salome is doing the website Amulya she offered to do aswell but i did not see her posting for a long time so i dont know yet ....i wil ask Salome what is her plan and if she is stil in and doing the site...please keep us up to date how things are goiing on your site of the world on this superday...have a great weekend with looots of dancing Lydia

Fatima

and Fatima i hope you wil do something aswell??......have a very nice weekend with lots of dancing ...Lydia

Lydia: Oh I want to... for both dates (yes, I'm that ambitious), but... I'll be on a plane both times. On May 12 I'll be en route to Europe. On August I'll be visiting some relatives the whole week of the event. There'll be a relative wedding (yeah, party!!!). I've already contacted some local dancers to see if they have something planned, but no answer yet. Let's see if I can actually see some bellydance on both dates.

Lydia

Hi Fatima...what a pitty ,try to think of something!I asked Hadia to join in and she said o i am sorry that week i am in turkey traveling with my students ,but she is perhaps trying to do something ...i said ok just when you go for diner that night hold up a banner with something nice with al the girls,and send a picture to me from it just to support us ! LOL I HOPE SHE IS ....bdw i did follow your advice and send a real nice email to the organisers from the world belly danceweek,and ask them if perhaps they want to join in if not this year perhaps next year so i will let you know how it turns out....have a great week ,Lydia

Fatima

Hi Fatima...what a pitty ,try to think of something!I asked Hadia to join in and she said o i am sorry that week i am in turkey traveling with my students ,but she is perhaps trying to do something ...i said ok just when you go for diner that night hold up a banner with something nice with al the girls,and send a picture to me from it just to support us ! LOL I HOPE SHE IS ....
You just gave me an idea. I'm going to be in a transatlantic flight that night, but in the morning I'm going to post a special International Bellydance Day post on my blog. I'm still thinking of what to do. I think it may be fun to virtually join the events.

bdw i did follow your advice and send a real nice email to the organisers from the world belly danceweek,and ask them if perhaps they want to join in if not this year perhaps next year so i will let you know how it turns out....have a great week ,Lydia
I belong to a discussion group where she post sometimes. She seems very nice and I hope you can work something out.

Lydia

Dear Fatima that sounds nice if you do that....i did mail to the person from the bellydance week it has been 5 day,s or so but she did not answer yet let,s see.......have a great week Lydia

Madeline

hi Madeline...it wil be on the 12th may...it wil be every year on the 2nd saterday in may...do you want to join in?? that wil be nice...you know you can read a lot about what everybody is doiing in this forum just go to this thread....can we have a world bellydance day? and ,,who is in are we ready,,in this 2 thread we al talk about what and howand everybody give,s the money to charity(now if you can not do it where you are you can alway,s come here!!LOL....Take care and have a wunderfull day Lydia
Hi Lydia!

Unfortunately, I’m a bit busy so I won’t be able to hold an event or attend anyone’s. Maybe next year… :(

Happy dancing! :dance:
Madeline