Input on the future of Orientaldancer.net

Salome

Administrator
The future of OD.net has come up for me, now, because we are moving hosts. I would like your feedback while I think on what to do. Migrating and hosting multiple cpanels costs more $. That is one consideration. The other is that the navigation on that site is jacked up! Dead, missing and whatever... Thirdly, I don't want fool around with uploading html pages to add content or edit (do people even do that anymore?). The layout change years ago got abandoned so half the site is one way and half another. In short, there is a lot wrong with it.

But.

Most of the content I want to keep.
I do want to keep the url.

I was thinking about adding the articles to the ibellydance.net site and domain forwarding.

Or was thinking about adding the articles to the forum in a library type section.

Or getting some kind of presto web builder and just starting 'fresh'.

Thoughts?

Shanazel

Super Moderator
That's all pretty technical for my brain. I'd do what ever was simplest, cheapest, and still allows you to keep valuable content. We're semi-retired and on limited income, but I can probably chip in a bit if that would help.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I didn't know orientaldancer.net still existed. I associated that URL with an earlier incarnation of this forum...
Didn't know about iBellydance either! I guess I don't get out much.
My opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it, is to put it all under ONE domain. My choice would be orientaldancer.net - which was how it was originally *I* *think*, and put a redirect on the other two.
*shrug*
Whatever works - anything to keep it from being sucked into the black hole of FB!

Greek Bonfire

I didn't know orientaldancer.net still existed. I associated that URL with an earlier incarnation of this forum...
Didn't know about iBellydance either! I guess I don't get out much.
My opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it, is to put it all under ONE domain. My choice would be orientaldancer.net - which was how it was originally *I* *think*, and put a redirect on the other two.
*shrug*
Whatever works - anything to keep it from being sucked into the black hole of FB!
I clicked on this site and was informed it expired.

Ariadne

I've given it a lot of thought and I think Zorba is right. It's best to have it all on one site and just use redirects if there are other domain names you want to keep.

The only "presto web builder " I'm familiar with is wix and I don't know how they handle forums. You might be able to build it from scratch and just add in the current forum. No idea. But I've built a few web sites in Wix and it is very user friendly.