Hiiiii I'm new

Shanazel

Welcome to OD and to belly dance. Are you willing to share more with us about your interests re: styles, etc?

Skydancer

Welcome to OD and to belly dance. Are you willing to share more with us about your interests re: styles, etc?

I'm actually not sure what style, but I like Egyptian style belly dancing. I'm still learning so I'm not too familiar with much. It's just something that's been calling to me since I was like 16 lol. I just wanted to see if I could find a platform where I could meet people who may know how to get started and tips and what not. I am trying learn a little from tutorials online until I can get to classes but it's a but hard as I cannot tell if I'm doing it right 🤦🏾😅

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I am trying learn a little from tutorials online until I can get to classes but it's a but hard as I cannot tell if I'm doing it right 🤦🏾😅
This is where having a live teacher - in person or on-line - is invaluable.

Shanazel

Darshiva might still be teaching online. She turned up here a while back; maybe she'll come again and let us know.

hippyhips

I I just wanted to see if I could find a platform where I could meet people who may know how to get started and tips and what not. I am trying learn a little from tutorials online until I can get to classes but it's a but hard as I cannot tell if I'm doing it right 🤦🏾😅

Welcome, there's an invaluable resource here. my advice when learning on your own, always have a mirror in front of you and if you are having trouble take it slowly.. as slow as you are able to, it eventually "clicks" and speed comes. when you are learning moves, feel how your muscles are moving x