Help identifying a tabla solo!

Magnolia_

Hi everyone,
I’m new to this forum, perhaps I will write an official introduction soon😊
I wonder if anyone could help me identify a tabla solo for me through mere description?😅 I would be very grateful for a link on Spotify or YouTube. It’s a bit fusion-y piece in the sambuka sense. It has a bit about a minute in where the beat has pauses between it and is quite loud and resonate (like bombs dropping: 💣....💣....💣...). Does anyone know which tabla solo I’m talking about?😅 Apparently Lombardi once had a tabla workshop with this song a long time ago. I guess I’m trying my luck on this one. Thank you in advance!

Daimona

Just to ask the obvious question: Did you ask for more details from the teacher or whoever played the music in class?

Magnolia_

Just to ask the obvious question: Did you ask for more details from the teacher or whoever played the music in class?
Yes, this question was asked in class. I think it’s just generically called ‘tabla solo’, but I have no details about who made it unfortunately. I think it’s safe to say it’s quite an old piece, maybe around ~9 years.

Shanazel

Check out Turbo Tabla - Bellydance Overdrive by Karim Nagi. This is one of the few CDs I kept after retiring just because I like to listen to it.

Here are some samples from YouTube (not all are from that particular CD).

One Two Three Four

This is Karim Nagi's site and is very interesting. He talks about Arabic music in general and what it is like to be an American-Egyptian who learned to be a musical bridge between American and Arabic culture.

Magnolia_

Check out Turbo Tabla - Bellydance Overdrive by Karim Nagi. This is one of the few CDs I kept after retiring just because I like to listen to it.

Here are some samples from YouTube (not all are from that particular CD).

One Two Three Four

This is Karim Nagi's site and is very interesting. He talks about Arabic music in general and what it is like to be an American-Egyptian who learned to be a musical bridge between American and Arabic culture.
Thank you Shanazel! I will definitely look into Karim Nagi, he has an interesting style. A bit like the tabla solo piece I’m looking for😊

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I have a program on my computer that is pretty good at identifying songs - but it doesn't know this one. I'll try a "Hail Mary" and email it to a couple of people I know just in case one of them might recognize it...

Magnolia_

I have a program on my computer that is pretty good at identifying songs - but it doesn't know this one. I'll try a "Hail Mary" and email it to a couple of people I know just in case one of them might recognize it...
Oh wow, thank you Zorba, that would be very much appreciated!🙏