Dog lovers

Belly Love

If only I could reach through my computer screen to give this pup hugs and kisses...

Update: Reunited with owner!!!

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I know how you feel:D I was all misty eyed when I saw that on the news. Quite amazing the little fellow managed to stay on the roof and to survive without food or water for 3 weeks, one tough little fellow. He deserves to find his owners and if that isn't possible the best home in the whole of Japan, somewhere far from that areas earthquake prone shores.
~Mosaic

Shakti

Amazing rescue. Japanese people are known for their love for pets. I even read once about an amusement park where you could go to be around dogs somewhere in Japan. fYI ,To be a dog groomer In Japan you must attend something like 2 years of training before you are allowed to be a dog groomer. Random fact I learned from my friend In PA from Japan, who Is a show poodle groomer.

This disaster is the worst thing I have ever seen or heard of. Truly heartbreaking in everyway. I saw a video of the Tsunami come into a town in Japan..Unfreakinbelievable.

Belly Love

Yeah, I wonder if the dog was getting food from inside the house somehow? Or possibly eating something in the debris? He does look pretty healthy...

Mosaic

Super Moderator
The Japanese adore their dogs and it is quite likely he was quite a 'well-fed' dog so with who knows what bits of food scavenged, maybe it was enough to keep him going, but water where did he get water? Did it rain and he licked the moisture up off the roof? Whatever, however I am glad he was found.
~Mosaic

Last edited:

Sirène

The Japanese adore their dogs and it is quite likely he was quite a 'well-fed' dog so with who knows what bits maybe it was enough to keep him going, but water where did he get water? Did it rain and he licked the moisture up off the roof? Whatever, however I am glad he was found.
~Mosaic
I agree, he was likely well-fed and thus had some extra reserves for his unwanted sea voyage. He may also have had access to food or water under the roof - he was moving in and out, so the indication is that at least a few feet of the structure remained above the water line. Dog's are a resilient bunch. Great example: Sophie Tucker.

Aziyade

I agree, he was likely well-fed and thus had some extra reserves for his unwanted sea voyage. He may also have had access to food or water under the roof - he was moving in and out, so the indication is that at least a few feet of the structure remained above the water line. Dog's are a resilient bunch. Great example: Sophie Tucker.

That's AMAZING!!! What an awesome story! I'm going to have to give my doggie a big hug when I get home.

Aw. LOVE dog threads!!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I was thrilled to see the dog floating at sea was reuinited with his owner. He was so, so excited to see her. What an unplifting happy moment in that disaster.
~Mosaic