Didem interview, somebody speak Turkish?

seona

If Crystallized hasn't got back to you, I could ask someone to translate sometime in the New Year if they are willing. I am curious too now!

Also, forgot to mention in my op, if anyone's interested there's an interview on youtube with Nagwa Faoud, with a written translation in English. Just search that - Nagwa interview and it should be found that way.

Last edited:

jjrt

What was your childhood like?

I was a tomboy. I travelled the streets. Most of my friends were guys. I didn't have a great childhood. Every time I'd come out the bath my dad would always brush my hair to one side and to this day, I still can't wear it on the other side.

When did you start dancing?

I started dancing when I was 11. The first place I danced was at a wedding. I only made 1TL (turkish lira) at the time and took it to my mum to show her and told her we could buy some nice food. Our circumstances weren't great at the time. My mum was a dancer as well and then became a singer. My dad was a taxi driver. I grew up around dance and music. I wanted to be an olympic gymnast but there weren't many opportunities in Turkey. They used to call me 'elastic girl'.

How did you meet Ibo?

My former manger called me and asked if I wanted to go on the Ibo Show. I said yes of course. When I met Ibo I had hair extensions and was chewing gum (chewing noises). Ibo asked 'how old are you my girl?'....I'm 17. 'Where do you work?'....any place I can make money, sometimes 8 or 9 different places.
I was at the hairdressers one day and I opened the paper to see that the headlines read 'Ibo's new favourite girl Didem'. It's like I had phoned the papers up myself and declared all this stuff that was written about me. Ibo phoned me and said 'what is all this news about?...we can't work like this'. I really didn't give the media any information about this matter but his people said, 'it won't do, we can't work together anymore' so I said ok. I had already left my previous job and was too ashamed to go back. A TV program called me up and asked me to dance so I accepted and Ibo saw me perform and said 'why did we let this girl go? She needs to come work for us'. So they called me back up but I said i'll come but as long as you don't change your minds again.

Did your life change after being on Ibo show?

I don't know what I did, I don't know what I'm doing now. You're ignorant and you don't know anything. The took me to the makeup room and did my makeup and hair. I was trembling like I'd never danced before in my life and this was the first time I was going to dance. I forgot my choreography, I'm hearing music from somewhere and I'm thinking dear god what am I going to do! The next day (after first performance) I felt that my life had completely changed.

Throughout the years you've always been a shy and mysterious girl, what is the reason for that?

I've always been a happy person but as a gemini, one minute I'm crying and the next I'm laughing. I'm a very talkative person but because Ibo has banned me from talking, thats why people think I'm this way. Some people even say don't you have a tongue, are you mute?
This ban on talking has been good for me because it makes people curious about me. They think: what language does she speak? how does she sound? what does she like? what does she eat and drink? It makes people wonder and I like that.

Final words

Didem is a very strong girl. Things that couldn't be overcome, I've overcome them. Things that don't usually happen to ordinary people have happened to me. I've been able to stand on my feet and be strong. Nothing can bring me down now.

Last edited:

charlieL

What was your childhood like?

I was a tomboy. I travelled the streets. Most of my friends were guys. I didn't have a great childhood. Every time I'd come out the bath my dad would always brush my hair to one side and to this day, I still can't wear it on the other side.

When did you start dancing?

I started dancing when I was 11. The first place I danced was at a wedding. I only made 1TL (turkish lira) at the time and took it to my mum to show her and told her we could buy some nice food. Our circumstances weren't great at the time. My mum was a dancer as well and then became a singer. My dad was a taxi driver. I grew up around dance and music. I wanted to be an olympic gymnast but there weren't many opportunities in Turkey. They used to call me 'elastic girl'.

How did you meet Ibo?

My former manger called me and asked if I wanted to go on the Ibo Show. I said yes of course. When I met Ibo I had hair extensions and was chewing gum (chewing noises). Ibo asked 'how old are you my girl?'....I'm 17. 'Where do you work?'....any place I can make money, sometimes 8 or 9 different places.
I was at the hairdressers one day and I opened the paper to see that the headlines read 'Ibo's new favourite girl Didem'. It's like I had phoned the papers up myself and declared all this stuff that was written about me. Ibo phoned me and said 'what is all this news about?...we can't work like this'. I really didn't give the media any information about this matter but his people said, 'it won't do, we can't work together anymore' so I said ok. I had already left my previous job and was too ashamed to go back. A TV program called me up and asked me to dance so I accepted and Ibo saw me perform and said 'why did we let this girl go? She needs to come work for us'. So they called me back up but I said i'll come but as long as you don't change your minds again.

Did your life change after being on Ibo show?

I don't know what I did, I don't know what I'm doing now. You're ignorant and you don't know anything. The took me to the makeup room and did my makeup and hair. I was trembling like I'd never danced before in my life and this was the first time I was going to dance. I forgot my choreography, I'm hearing music from somewhere and I'm thinking dear god what am I going to do! The next day (after first performance) I felt that my life had completely changed.

Throughout the years you've always been a shy and mysterious girl, what is the reason for that?

I've always been a happy person but as a gemini, one minute I'm crying and the next I'm laughing. I'm a very talkative person but because Ibo has banned me from talking, thats why people think I'm this way. Some people even say don't you have a tongue, are you mute?
This ban on talking has been good for me because it makes people curious about me. They think: what language does she speak? how does she sound? what does she like? what does she eat and drink? It makes people wonder and I like that.

Final words

Didem is a very strong girl. Things that couldn't be overcome, I've overcome them. Things that don't usually happen to ordinary people have happened to me. I've been able to stand on my feet and be strong. Nothing can bring me down now.

At last the translation! Thank you jjdrt:clap:

seona

YEs, thank you jjrt! My friend is off the hook now lol.

lol, same! Although I had totally forgotten about this thread, so thanks jjrt for taking the time to translate.

yay Didems a fellow gemini...now I am curious as to when her birthday is!