'Classic' style bedlah inspirations

adiemus

I'm in love with the Tahia Carioca/Samia Gamal style (and others from that era) of bedlah. Does anyone know if there is a 'collection' of images of dancers in that classic style of costuming?

I'd rather not have to go through YouTube video but in my quest for examples of this style I may have to!

PracticalDancer

I really hate to have to point you "the other forum" -- but, they have the most amazing thread on this! WARNING: Once you start, you will want to go through THE WHOLE THREAD. Shems has posted some outstanding vintage costumes here: Ultra Bad-Ass Vintage Costumes - BELLYDANCE CENTRAL - Everything Belly Dance! Welcome to BHUZ - Biggest Online BellyDancing Community. Get a towel for the drool!

And, FWIW, I had to log in to get to it. Not sure why they hide older threads unless you log in . . .

Regards,

Anala

PracticalDancer

I started looking at that thread, then suddenly realized that three hours had gone by, and all of the muscles except those needed to drive my mouse had gone to sleep. :lol:

adiemus

ooops, I had better wait until AFTER I've done some serious work this afternoon before I go and look at *that thread*!!

Thanks ladies - maybe we should create our own version here? And any that we actually make too!