Chest pain with rapid hip twists ?

khanjar

What is it, now I have not done this movement for a long time but rapid alternate hip twists in the horizontal plane gave rise to sharp chest pain mostly upper centre of chest and area of right shoulder but no shortness of breath, when the movement was stopped the pain went instantly but started again when starting the movement again. Any ideas as to what it is ?

Now I don't have much upper body strength, in fact I have always been very weak on the upper body, is it time to concentrate a bit more on upper body exercises or is it other ?

Has anything changed since I did this movement last, yes the last time I did this movement I was a heavy smoker where now I don't smoke , is it connected ?

Heart ? I had heart tests done in the winter after I fainted and ended up on an ECG where nothing was found to be wrong with the heart except I just have orthostatic hypotension where my lifestyle was not helping the situation nor the cold. But that's past and I have corrected the lifestyle issues and it's summer.

If it's just that I am rather weak I will get on and do something about it, but any ideas ?

Edited to add I have also a cracked rib and have surrounding muscle damage but that's getting better but is it part of this issue, can it be given it is the lowest rib at the bottom on the other side to where the pain is occurring almost directly opposite where the only other BD movement which is painful is camels and the pain is not in the same place nor is it a similar pain.

Last edited:

walladah

not enough breathing

What is it, now I have not done this movement for a long time but rapid alternate hip twists in the horizontal plane gave rise to sharp chest pain mostly upper centre of chest and area of right shoulder but no shortness of breath, when the movement was stopped the pain went instantly but started again when starting the movement again. Any ideas as to what it is ?

Now I don't have much upper body strength, in fact I have always been very weak on the upper body, is it time to concentrate a bit more on upper body exercises or is it other ?

Has anything changed since I did this movement last, yes the last time I did this movement I was a heavy smoker where now I don't smoke , is it connected ?

Heart ? I had heart tests done in the winter after I fainted and ended up on an ECG where nothing was found to be wrong with the heart except I just have orthostatic hypotension where my lifestyle was not helping the situation nor the cold. But that's past and I have corrected the lifestyle issues and it's summer.

If it's just that I am rather weak I will get on and do something about it, but any ideas ?

Edited to add I have also a cracked rib and have surrounding muscle damage but that's getting better but is it part of this issue, can it be given it is the lowest rib at the bottom on the other side to where the pain is occurring almost directly opposite where the only other BD movement which is painful is camels and the pain is not in the same place nor is it a similar pain.

As you have excluded heart pain, it is definitely pain from the lungs.

It also happens when you twist body from the straing leg on one side.

It means that you need to work more with breathing well while dancing. You need to breath regularly and with deep breaths while you dance.

Moreover, pain in the chest area is also typical sign of liquid or toxines trapped in lungs and bronches. Stopping smoking might be directly linked to that, i.e. your lungs started detoxication process. You need to drink a lot of water, in case you can find wild rose tea, this will help. Camomile tea also helps lungs to detoxicate. However, you should keep in mind that till your lungs get well and you muscles of diaphragm are stronger through practice, YOU SHOULD STOP AND TAKE LITTLE BREAKS with lots of breaths any time you feel the slightest pain.

In both cases, it is about oxygen and lung spasms, then, you need to facilitate both: breathing and oxygen reception, and lungs making toxines get out of them.

Get well!

Darshiva

I'd also recommend making the movement smaller instead of twisting to the fullest extent of your ability. This can be turned into an opportunity to clean up technique (which is something even the best of us benefits from).

Also, congratulations on starting your quit journey. It can be hard and there will be times you 'fall off the wagon' as it were. Just accept these times as mistakes and continue with your quitting. They don't mean you've started smoking again, they just mean you're human. After all, it takes a lot of practice to get anything right and we all make mistakes during the learning process.

I've been quit for 11 years now and the last time I had an oops was 9 years ago. Good luck and know that you're in good company.

khanjar

Yeah, three months off now and that is completely off where my friends are still partially hooked because they are using the e- cigs inside where I see that as not helping by making it easier as what is hard to get off is the nicotine not the tar.

The only down side well not really a down side but an annoyance is that my hay fever seems to be coming back, hay fever I had from age 4 right up to age 30 when I started smoking, where summer was a sleepy time for me as every pollen got me and back in my child hood Piriton a mild sedative was all that there was to combat the problem, but yeah i do believe smoking killed off the hay fever as why would it start to come back three months after quitting smoking.

But thanks for the advice regarding the chest pains as yes, it could very well be smoking related as since I have given up, this coughing I am meant to go through post smoking, I simply haven't, there has been no coughing at all and so I must conclude the lungs are still bunged up, if they ever were.

But something perhaps Monday night's session the day was a hot dry day and the studio was hot and last night it was a wet day and quite cool where the studio was cooler and last night's experience was ; no chest pains although I was being guarded with the movement after Monday night's experience.

I have however been advised to get the heart checked out again as well I still have low blood pressure for reasons as of yet unknown except, blood does pool in my legs with inactivity.

But I have looked into air cleaning stuff and improving my breathing and will get on with that else quitting smoking will have been a waste of time if I am not getting fitter.

Darshiva

Your fitness is going to be WEIRD for a few years. I can't lie to you on that one. And so will your health be. Oh, and 11 years down the track, I still get cravings and crazy-arse dreams and stuff. But as time goes on they are futher apart in time and less and less strong.

But once you get over the detox period (which is different for everyone and has no apparent bearing on how long you smoked) it's good. It's really good. And as for the hayfever, they make over-the-counter drugs for that which are cheaper than cigs (at least in Oz!). So look into buying some to help you through your hayfever. (although if you're sulphite-intolerant, give me a pm because most of them use sulphites as perservatives and I can point you in the direction of the safe ones)

khanjar

Your fitness is going to be WEIRD for a few years. I can't lie to you on that one. And so will your health be. Oh, and 11 years down the track, I still get cravings and crazy-arse dreams and stuff. But as time goes on they are futher apart in time and less and less strong.

But once you get over the detox period (which is different for everyone and has no apparent bearing on how long you smoked) it's good. It's really good. And as for the hayfever, they make over-the-counter drugs for that which are cheaper than cigs (at least in Oz!). So look into buying some to help you through your hayfever. (although if you're sulphite-intolerant, give me a pm because most of them use sulphites as perservatives and I can point you in the direction of the safe ones)

Thank you Darshiva,

Yeah and tonight was one of those nights I craved as my friends had to go outside to smoke as despite the e- cigs they still had tobacco, which tells me the e-cigs aren't really hitting the mark and so they would not with me as I accept to substitutions real or nothing is me. Where I was left inside the pub with one of them's partner where I felt the need to entertain where I was told I am unusually easy to talk to in that I appear to be knowledgable where perhaps I shouldn't as yeah I knew what to advise for fly away long red hair, but she knows about me and is comfortable and my friend comfortable to escape her and leave her in the company of me which says a lot.

But the cigs to do taunt but three months off now I must not go back, but one thing I have to say is that my health is not that much better, I am surprised and surprised moreso given I am eating better and taking supplements were the food doesn't cut it for food isn't what it used to be and many soils are depleted and in need of nitrate fertilisers. I can't afford organic which cries out to me but I can supplements to get a balanced diet.

Sulphates, I am not sure, and so I will look into, but all I know for definite is that I am lactose intolerant which is a shame, because I love milk. But one thing I understand is that hay fever is linked to lactose intolerance in that when I used to get it bad years ago, avoid milk products and it wasn't so bad, eat bee pollen through the winter and it was less so come summer, but I guess I never grew out of hay fever, it was just smoking nulled the senses to pollen so they were not a problem.

But smoking I can't go back now, I must continue without error as with me I have enough errors to deal with I don't ned anymore for it does eek at the spirit, so not giving in to temptation is for me damage limitation.

Darshiva

Re the e-cigs. I do know someone who quit using ecigs and now a few years on doesn't use the nicotine liquids for it at all. So maybe the vaping will work for your friends or maybe it won't, but be patient with them, they are in the same boat you are and are obviously going through some hiccups in the no cigs part of quitting.

And that was quite a derail of thread. Sorry about that. I just thought you might like a show of support. :)