Cards

Salome

Administrator
I'm almost out of business cards and looking to trade with a company on-line instead of taking it to a local print shop. Anyone have any recommendations?

Aisha Azar

I'm almost out of business cards and looking to trade with a company on-line instead of taking it to a local print shop. Anyone have any recommendations?

Dear Salome,
You might try Vistaprint as they will let you have 100 cards free for just shipping, etc. I have not tried them because I need to be able to deal with a direct human being if there is an issue, and i do not want to have to go through all the rigamarole of getting them in the mail, finding out they are wrong, paying ti send them back, finding out they are wrong, paying to send them back again, trying to speak with someone face to face, etc. I just usually go to Office Depot or Kinko's.
Regards,
A'isha

Durrah

I bought mine from Overnight Prints, and they came out great. My dance partner bought some from them as well and hers look fantastic. I got a coupon code for them from CurrentCodes.com so it was quite cheap.

Reen.Blom

Why dont you print them yourself? We printed own on paper and then laminated them- looked really so nice!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I bought a large supply several years ago from overnightprints.com - and am VERY happy with them. Excellent quality printed on very heavy stock.

At the time, I couldn't use Vistaprint as their website required a certain proprietary web browser that doesn't run on my computer - I don't know if that's still the case - but I've heard lots of good things about them.

masrawy

Shameless Plug

Hey All
Salome, since you asked
I cannot give you the name of the print shop I use since it is only for the trade. I am a professional photographer/designer and I provide my clients actress/actors with promotional materials from conception to complete printed material. Business card, model Z cards, 4 x 6 postcards and posters. The benefit you get is custom design card not one made out of template and in most cases the price range is about the same.
I hope it is okay with my shameless plug ... if you just need your name or something written in Arabic I'll be more than happy to provide you with that.

Aisha, I do soft proofing before printing ... you get email with PDF file of how exactly the piece will print, once you okay the final poof it goes to print, So there is no surprise later :shok:.

Salam to all~Mahmoud

Aisha Azar

Hey All
Salome, since you asked
I cannot give you the name of the print shop I use since it is only for the trade. I am a professional photographer/designer and I provide my clients actress/actors with promotional materials from conception to complete printed material. Business card, model Z cards, 4 x 6 postcards and posters. The benefit you get is custom design card not one made out of template and in most cases the price range is about the same.
I hope it is okay with my shameless plug ... if you just need your name or something written in Arabic I'll be more than happy to provide you with that.

Aisha, I do soft proofing before printing ... you get email with PDF file of how exactly the piece will print, once you okay the final poof it goes to print, So there is no surprise later :shok:.

Salam to all~Mahmoud

Dear Mahmoud,
Can you please PM me with card prices and with postcard prices? I am good for cards myself, but the dance company needs some as we are almost out of our old ones. We have a basic design incorporating our name in Arabic and our trademark statement.
Regards,
A'isha

Samira_dncr

I've used Vista Print... but the cost isn't quite so "free" once you do all the upgrades like printing on both sides, uploading your own photos, removing their web address. Even so, the cost is still reasonable. They have a million templates to choose from, but you can customize them to make them your own.

Personally, I think it really depends on what you are doing. If you just need something quick and respectable, Vista Print is fabulous. I use the "free" cards to promote upcomming events & haflas in my area.

But if you are really wanting to make an impression and grow your business, then talk to Mahmoud. Truly custom cards are almost always superior because they are uniquely your own.

Salome

Administrator
Anatoliy does our graphics so I've not ever used a template. I shop on-line for a lot of stuff and thought I'd like to try trading online with our cards. I'll check out some of the companies suggested here, thanks! :)

I've used Vista print and the quality was excellent. If you can resist all the upgrades (let's face it, do you really need to print on the back, and what does it matter if they get an acknowledgment?), they are great value, too - especially if you use one of their existing images, rather than upload your own.

Unfortunately they don't have any belly dance images but they have some nice flower close-ups which could be used if you are really on a budget.

I also noticed some belly dance cards on Zazzle.

Samira_dncr

I've used Vista print and the quality was excellent. If you can resist all the upgrades (let's face it, do you really need to print on the back, and what does it matter if they get an acknowledgment?), they are great value, too - especially if you use one of their existing images, rather than upload your own.

Unfortunately they don't have any belly dance images but they have some nice flower close-ups which could be used if you are really on a budget.

I also noticed some belly dance cards on Zazzle.

I think that it kind of depends on where you are at as a professional and what sort of image you want to project.

Having their website on the back of your card can diminish how people view you as a business professional. So I'd definitely consider using that upgrade if I wanted to be seen as a true professional.

But keeping the link there doesn't matter if the cards are used for other less professional purposes. I have used them to create inexpensive cards to hand out to the community about the online groups and upcoming activities. I don't really care if the website is on the back of those. And I know many amateur troupes that create cards and they don't mind having the web address on the back either.

maylynn

I just got some cards from Vistaprint - personalized with my photo, glossy, and info on the back. They came out great and I'm really happy with them. And it seemed very reasonable to me.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Just for the sake of clarity - my cards from overnightprints.com are totally custom - my design - no templates or anything.

Aisha Azar

Business cards

Dear Gang,
My dance company just got our new cards, designed and printed by our very own Mahmoud! We LOVE them!! I am hoping he will be kind enough to post one here so that you all can see it. They are not only very beautiful, but the price for designing and printing them was very reasonable.
Regards,
A'isha

masrawy

Baharat!!

Thank You A'isha for your kind words it was my pleasure to produce your BC. Here is the final results using the Egyptian eye and Arabic calligraphy to give the essence of ME in a simple black background I am glad you like it. Best Regards~Mahmoud

View attachment 1809

Aisha Azar

Dear Mahmoud,
Thanks for posting the card. I am not computer literate enough to do it, but I wanted everyone to see them because we like the so well.
Regards,
A'isha

Aisha Azar

Dear Eshta,
I like them because they have our logo and our info without looking crowded or messy. And I like the flow of he design very well, too.
Regards,
A'isha