Belly Dance Egyptian Style Classical Oriental with Ranya Renee?

KalilaAR

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the DVD, "Belly Dance Egytian Style Classical Oriental with Ranya Renee". I just received the Modern Oriental one in the mail and I am ecstatic about it. I saw that Amazon had it at one time, but now it is unavaible. Is this DVD still being produced? Has anyone out there ever watched it? I am planning on buying Ranya's other DVD's in the set, but I am lusting over the thought of learning classical Egyptian style dance with Ranya.:dance:

Ariadne

If I remember correctly it was postponed when she made her Bellydance Taqasim DVD instead. According to the post I read she still intended to make the Classical Oriental DVD but didn't have an ETA on when. If she tells you when it's scheduled to be out please share.

KalilaAR

Good Idea

Thanks Darshiva and Ariadne. I will check out her Facebook page and ask her just that. If she responds, I will be sure to pass on any information that she gives me.

Zumarrad

I know that she shot the material, or most of it, and it's just been postponed a few times due to general busyness. But I know she intends to release it for sure.

RanyaRenee

Hello my dears,

Greetings from sunny Dubai! Here for a few relaxed weeks.

Just to clarify... YES i am planning on doing the Classical DVD, and no, we don't have the firm plan for filming yet... It has not yet been filmed. ;) We were supposed to film it about 1.5 years ago, but had to postpone for personal reasons, and now the glorious studio we were going to film in is not available, so we'll be working on an alternative.

The reason there is a "Classical Oriental" on Amazon is that the producers of my first two DVDs put the cover together to advertise it before we had actually filmed it... and so now that cover design is out there in the ether forever. (lovely cover though!) Some of the filmed material that was originally slated for Classical is on the Bellydance Taqasim DVD... My next video to come out will be another musicality one that was filmed at the same time as the Taqasim DVD-- it's about dancing to the different maqamat (melodic modes), and getting a feel for the different emotional colorings between them. It can be seen as an extension of the Taqasim DVD, but with live musicians, and more comprehensive in terms of getting through all the maqamat in the practice exercises, so you really can immerse yourself. For me, the approach to the melody is probably the number one thing i see lacking in dancers today, and it's so easy to address, with this kind of musical immersion. So I'm excited about that one, we are editing it, but it's complex because of all the music mixing for the live instruments.

I've been working on Golden Age style for the past several years and am very interested in putting it on DVD, so insh'allah you'll get your Classical dvd! There is an expression in Arabic, "Es-saber gamil." = Patience is beautiful. So i guess that is a good one to focus on for the moment! Thank you for your patience. I am teaching the Golden Age material in workshops around the world, so join my email list at my website Middle Eastern Belly Dance | DVDs, Classes and Workshops | New York & International for the monthly newsletters if you'd like to know when things are happening.

Thanks as always for your supportive interest in my work!

Amanda (was Aziyade)

My next video to come out will be another musicality one that was filmed at the same time as the Taqasim DVD-- it's about dancing to the different maqamat (melodic modes), and getting a feel for the different emotional colorings between them. It can be seen as an extension of the Taqasim DVD, but with live musicians, and more comprehensive in terms of getting through all the maqamat in the practice exercises, so you really can immerse yourself. For me, the approach to the melody is probably the number one thing i see lacking in dancers today, and it's so easy to address, with this kind of musical immersion. So I'm excited about that one, we are editing it, but it's complex because of all the music mixing for the live instruments.

I saw this in your newsletter and nearly swooned with happiness.

Is it out yet??? Is it out yet???? :)

Can we preorder????

teela

Ahhhh thank you. Patience may be a virtue but I deal with teenagers every day for 5 to 6 days a week so I do have a bit more of that than most but I can still desire the next installment as her DVD's are phenomenal. But I will await the news it is ready with bated breath.....LOL