An odd question...

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
This may sound a bit weird, but does anyone have any tips for dealing with Navel Jewelry? I've gotten to where I *HATE* changing mine, the little ball is tiny and its almost impossible to get it screwed onto the barbel! When it does, it wants to cross thread - and this is good grade, internally threaded jewelry. I've started holding the barbel still with a pair of small needle nose pliers - and that helps - but its still a PITA to do this...

Shanazel

Maybe you need to enlist the aid of your lovely wife?

Only navel jewelry I ever wore was a large bead neatly tucked into my belly button as a joke. I forgot about it after the performance. When I got home and went to take a shower, I tugged my shirt out of my jeans which popped the bead out of its little nook and sent it halfway across the room to bop my boyfriend on the side of the head. Swore off belly button jewels after that. Too dangerous.

Daimona

This may sound a bit weird, but does anyone have any tips for dealing with Navel Jewelry? I've gotten to where I *HATE* changing mine, the little ball is tiny and its almost impossible to get it screwed onto the barbel! When it does, it wants to cross thread - and this is good grade, internally threaded jewelry. I've started holding the barbel still with a pair of small needle nose pliers - and that helps - but its still a PITA to do this...

Seems to be more of a PITB (pain in the bellybutton) than a PITA... (sorry, can't be more constructive than that... ;) )

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
SNORT! I had a mouthful of Coca-Cola when I read that! I barely controlled it... :lol::lol::lol:

Ariadne

I have never had a navel piercing but I do have a suggestion; go out and buy two jewelers pliers, specifically long nose pliers with smooth jaws (or bent nose if you are having trouble with the angle). I've never had your exact problem but when I am making jewelry and having trouble dealing with small things and having to manipulate them in very specific ways a set of pliers saves my bacon every time. The smooth surface will help prevent it from damaging your jewelrys surface too; or in other words you might already be on the right track.

Sorry it took so long to answer you, this month has been insane between; two holidays, allergies thanks to the fire, a family reunion, a renaissance faire, and the flu.

Ariadne

I'm just glad it's over. Now I just have to come up with gifts for the five birthdays coming up this next month. Why is August such a favorite? ... or should I be saying (counts back 9 months) November and December... never mind. :lol:

Maybe some crafting is in order. :think:

Daimona

I'm just glad it's over. Now I just have to come up with gifts for the five birthdays coming up this next month. Why is August such a favorite? ... or should I be saying (counts back 9 months) November and December... never mind. :lol:

Maybe some crafting is in order. :think:

Merry Christmas? ;)

How about home made ice cream? ;)

Shanazel

August is a big month at our house, too. My son and d-in-love were married on August 8 which was also my father's birthday. My son's birthday is the 31st. My parents' anniversary was the 14th which is also a very dear friend's birthday. I have several other long time friends with August birthdays.

Greek Bonfire

I think I change my naval jewelry when I next have to show it. I don't necessarily find it a total PITA but I do have to take my time doing it so I don't lose that fastening ball. And that practice hasn't changed in over fourteen years so I don't know of a better way. I have left a small hoop-like ring in for a long time and they're a tiny bit more comfortable.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I have left a small hoop-like ring in for a long time and they're a tiny bit more comfortable.

I was pierced for "extra long" (7/16") curved barbels, although I can just manage the standard length (3/8"). The 7/16" is comfortable enough, but they're all a darn pain to change - I guess I'm not doing anything "wrong" per se, but its nice to have some confirmation. Beauty has its price!

prince ali baba

I hope your belly button and belly are alright Zorba! Sounded like maybe your navel and tummy were hurting when you changed the jewelry?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
No, not hurting, just a PITA. Hard to get the little, tiny threads engaged and NOT crossed!!

Greek Bonfire

It's those microscopic "balls" used to fasten the thing! If you don't drop a few, it's a huge accomplishment when you fasten it successfully!