All things related to BD Store?

How likely would you be to shop at a one-stop-BD-shop if there was one in Melbourne?

• Hell Yeah! I'd love to shop at a BD shop!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Hell No! I just buy online.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

arcane77

Hi Ladies,
Anyone here know if there is a brick and mortar store/outlet that is just related to BD stuff in MELBOURNE?

Plenty on line but looking for something like a one-stop-BD-shop...?
Sometimes its nice to feely-touchy before i buy :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I've never heard of one. I believe Underbelly have a small outlet but you have to make an appointment to go there, maybe some bellydance studios carry bits & pieces, but a full on retail shop unfortunately no such animal that I know of:D
~Mosaic

arcane77

hmmmm....
This gets me thinking....
Now how popular would having an outlet be?
ooh! id really like to know.
is there a poll thingy on this board?

EDIT: I found it!! Added the poll and if anyone would like to post a reply or feedback that would be great!

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
There aren't enough Melbournians or Victorians here to get a good representative. I think there is probably 4 or 5 on this forum and only 2 other members besides myself who are absolute regulars of this forum. There are other members who live in NSW & QLD.

It is very likely that a physical shop would not be terribly successful as there are not enough professional dancers in Melbourne to sustain it. Most either buy online or buy when they go to Egypt. I am one of those. mainly because the cost of a costume locally is a ridiculous price. I can buy a really nice costume including postage from the online BD store based in the US, for at least 1/2 the cost of what I'd pay here & get a much better selection. If I buy in Egypt it is even cheaper.
~Mosaic

arcane77

Its interesting to know what is available. I realize, like mosaic said, the market isn't all the massive here and its certainly not like the states.

The Kismet bazaar was good last year, was told it wasn't the biggest or best crowd but it was interesting though.

Ahh Brunswick.. not my favorite place to go hahah. I prefer to take transport as finding safe parking is a mission. Twice i went there and twice my car got scratched :confused:

henrygdance

interested to learn more

;)

interested to learn more

There aren't enough Melbournians or Victorians here to get a good representative. I think there is probably 4 or 5 on this forum and only 2 other members besides myself who are absolute regulars of this forum. There are other members who live in NSW & QLD.

It is very likely that a physical shop would not be terribly successful as there are not enough professional dancers in Melbourne to sustain it. Most either buy online or buy when they go to Egypt. I am one of those. mainly because the cost of a costume locally is a ridiculous price. I can buy a really nice costume including postage from the online BD store based in the US, for at least 1/2 the cost of what I'd pay here & get a much better selection. If I buy in Egypt it is even cheaper.
~Mosaic

Darshiva

I don't know. I want to, but we'll see what our finances say. I spent an awful lot of money to go down to Ballarat & teach a wings workshop last weekend. It'll take a little while to recover financially.

Speaking of workshops, why don't you come up here for the costume-making workshop I'm teaching in a few weeks. It'd be an opportune time for you to introduce some new dancers to your fabrickey wares.