A new user - natesfeliz:)

natesfeliz

Hello everyone! I have been looking through the forum for a couple of days and I must say that I love it, everyone is so nice and sweet, I am happy that I found this forum. Hopefully I will get to know you all!:)
Here is a little about myself:
I am 20 years old (turned this year) and I have been dancing belly dance for less than a year. Ever since I was a kid, I have danced very very very many dance styles and I always loved dancing. I used to prefer latin dances though to others. Until I tried belly dance.. I fell in love with it!!!! Nothing better! I love that it is so emotional, so full of meaning, so sensual and so expressive.
I have stopped going to the club now and dance some times at home on my free time. The reason why I have stopped is because I live in Sweden and very soon I am going to move to London for my university studies. I have been looking slowly through clubs there near my university. I have not decided what style I want to dance yet - When I lived in Estonia I danced Egyptian style, in Sweden I danced Lebanese. I did not like Egyptian as much - but its better than nothing!
Also, as you might have understood that besides Sweden I have also lived in Estonia. I am a Russian girl that was born and raised in Estonia until the age of 17 when I moved to Sweden... and now I am moving once again.
Back to dance... So currently I am slowly training at home, and I cant wait until I will get to London and will continue my training there. I just love belly dancing. I fell in love with it and I hopefully will learn a lot. I am eager to learn it as much as I can.

As long as we are at it, girls what kind of style would you recommend me?:)

Thank you for reading and accepting me to your forum!:)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Glad you found us. There are a few UK members, so once you are settled they may be able to guide you to the closest/best teachers. As for best style - I love Egyptian so I am not much help to you:D I believe the style you wish to pursue is personal choice & the right instructor for you, so maybe you should try different styles when you get settled with different instructors and see what your heart tells you:D Enjoy the journey both dance and your move to a new country.
~Mosaic

LuLu

Welcome :) its good to have you here. As for styles its all personal preference I started with Egyptian but transitioned over to mainly Tribal Fusion which I love (especially the costuming aspect), its more my style but I still take Egyptian too.